Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When they updated CI 3.x ?

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 09:56 PM by ciadmin.)

629/5000
Hello support team, I'm worried about only seeing updates of the CI 4.x version and I wonder:
- Why the CI 3.x version does not have updates?
- Will you stop supporting it or giving it support?
- When we wait for a new update?
- What is the time lapse between version and version?

by last:
- If you intend to do disappears CI 3.x will you give the community a tool to migrate from 3.x to 4.x? or will it be something personal and manual?

Important: what maturity do we expect from the CI 4.x version to involve it in our projects? and meanwhile we have done with CI 3.x
thanks for answering
*non-English redacted*

They will release them when they are ready no sooner and no later.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I can not believe what a great answer, the other questions also have this great response?

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 09:57 PM by ciadmin.)

(06-29-2019, 04:38 PM)agdsys Wrote: 629/5000
Hello support team, I'm worried about only seeing updates of the CI 4.x version and I wonder:
- Why the CI 3.x version does not have updates?
- Will you stop supporting it or giving it support?
- When we wait for a new update?
- What is the time lapse between version and version?

by last:
- If you intend to do disappears CI 3.x will you give the community a tool to migrate from 3.x to 4.x? or will it be something personal and manual?

Important: what maturity do we expect from the CI 4.x version to involve it in our projects? and meanwhile we have done with CI 3.x
thanks for answering
*non-English redacted*

I think that the update 3 version will be in the event that security vulnerabilities or critical errors in the framework will be detected. 

Migrate from 3.x to 4.x is not backwards compatible, it is easier to write the application again.

The release date of RC 4 version is not officially announced. I think it will happen in 3-4 months (in my opinion).

I am using CI 4 right now building my backend Admin Module with adminLTE.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

There is no formal release schedule for either CI3 or CI4. Insitefx's answer is actually bang on.

The develop branch of CI3 has had a number of fixes applied, and some enhancements. The next release could be 3.1.11 or 3.2.0, depending on how much is chosen to be bundled with it. That decision, and the timeframe, is up to the repo/version maintainer.

The develop branch of CI4 has had a number of fixes and enhancements as well. The next release is *expected* (but not guaranteed) to be 4.0.0-rc1, but we are making extra sure that we have it as right as we can before launch.

CI3 will continue to be supported for some time (2 years??), even after the release of CI4.
CI3 is not disappearing.

Given that CI development is volunteer community-driven, there is no firm release schedule (eg every X months).

"Why the CI 3.x version does not have updates?"

Why change perfection?

Wink

(06-30-2019, 02:19 AM)website Wrote: "Why the CI 3.x version does not have updates?"

Why change perfection?

Wink

Absolutely I agree  Angel

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB