Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Myth\Auth Problems

Hi everyone,

Just started to look at codeigniter 4 and I am trying to get Myth\Auth to work.
I have followed the README.md file and what I get is the Login form coming up ok. But when I click "Register" I get the url http://localhost/Register page containing "index.php" on the page, so something is going on with the routing but I have no idea what it it is.
Same applies for "forgotten password" too.

Can anyone help me here or does anyone have a complete package with a "demo"  application including Myth\Auth?

struggling here :-(

If your using anchors then you should use:

PHP Code:
route_to(;login');
// and
route_to('
register'); 
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(03-24-2020, 08:09 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: If your using anchors then you should use:

PHP Code:
route_to(;login');
// and
route_to('
register'); 
Not using anchors (as far as I know). I have a vanilla install of CI4 and have followed the Myth/Auth README , so I'm missing something or its missing from the documentation. What else can I try ?

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 11:28 AM by kilishan.)

I've started a forum project (very early), but it might be helpful, though I published most of the things to the app itself. More than I would if I was starting again. Anyway, hopefully that will help.

Are you maybe serving it out of a sub-folder, or is the root pointing to the public folder? I believe I saw someone mention they had issues with the redirects for some reason.

Also - I'm assuming you're using the latest CI 4.0.2?

(03-24-2020, 11:27 AM)kilishan Wrote: I've started a forum project (very early), but it might be helpful, though I published most of the things to the app itself. More than I would if I was starting again. Anyway, hopefully that will help.

Are you maybe serving it out of a sub-folder, or is the root pointing to the public folder? I believe I saw someone mention they had issues with the redirects for some reason.

Also - I'm assuming you're using the latest CI 4.0.2?

I am running with CI4.0.2 and Myth was installed via Composer. Apache root is the "public" folder so I believe everything to be as expected. The "login" redirect works fine , its just the other options that fail.

Well, I tried but the Myth setup just defeats me . Set up a new server and went through every step and you guessed it, "login" page displays but every other page (Register, Forgotten) just shows a page with "index.php" on the page. I just dont know what I am missing. Who has success with this setup? What did the "add" that wasn't in the README ?

I really would like to get this working.

Progress.. i found mod-rewrite wasnt enabled in apache.
The login page comes up ok. The "forgotten password" redirects OK
The "register" fails and goes to http://localhost/index.php/login

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB