Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What CI4-related book would you like?

Since I'm finishing up CodeIgniter 4 Foundations in the next week or so, I'm curious if there's other topics that you would like to see addressed in book format?

I've been thinking maybe building out an API? Or a loose collection of "next steps" or more advanced CI topics, now that the foundations are in place. Not sure what those would be just yet so if that's what you'd like to see feel free to leave ideas.

Thanks for your input!

@kilishan ,

I would like to see an API and more advanced CodeIgniter.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Yes please, if possible an API will be great, that cover maybe JWT,  only allow some IP addresses, allow  only like x requests per day... stuff like that

HMVC all in one
Tips and tricks.

I would like to request to have oracle driver support (Latest version for oracle like 19c). I ain't sure it's already there or not.

It would be great to have auth library with RBAC (Role Based Access Control) management. 

Thanks

I too would like a book on the advanced features of CodeIgniter 4.

Granted that any topic will still be appreciated, these are some topics I'd like to see covered.

What are the best practices for creating an API for CRUD and search operations, perhaps protected by tokens linked to the user's account and the permissions assigned to it?

Also the creation of modules for CodeIgniter 4 manageable with RBAC (Role Based Access Control) is in my opinion an interesting topic.
I don't ask for the step-by-step procedure, but a guideline in this regard would allow the community to create independent and integrable elements regardless of the login system used.
For instance:
Is it better that each module has a configuration file where to write the permissions, or is it better a table in which to save all the settings?
If you save these settings in the database, is it better to have one table for all modules or one for each module?
How to manage dependencies with other modules?
Codeigniter 4 - Docker Image [github] [docker hub]

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 08:57 PM by Avega Soft.)

Hi @kilishan , great news! I am really looking forward to the completion of your book. Here are some topics I'd like to see:
  • Creating a service API with RBAC and CRUD functionality
  • Examples of best practices secure code 
  • Life hacks and Quick code Writing tips

@Halim I was also thinking about. Thanks
Yes please, if possible an API will be great, that cover maybe JWT, only allow some IP addresses, allow only like x requests per day... stuff like that

(10-17-2021, 07:53 PM)lokman Wrote: I would like to request to have oracle driver support (Latest version for oracle like 19c). I ain't sure it's already there or not.

Check out and test this PR: https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4/pull/2487

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 03:00 AM by Kenneth Kipchumba. Edit Reason: Forgotten to add something )

I don't know if it should be a book or a documentation for MythAuth would be highly appreciated.

How to implement a queue as Laravel does https://laravel.com/docs/8.x/queues.

Also how to integrate a search with third parties like https://www.meilisearch.com/ or Algolia

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB