Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
escape_like_str Bug
Bug 

$field=$CI->db->escape_like_str('TARIH_TR_GUNLU');

returning TARIH!_TR!_GUNLU

Hope you correct this problem?
I'm a person from Turkiye. I don't know English very well and i can't write what i want to say sometimes (as now happenes  Blush ).

If i write something by mistake; please don't distress it and try to understand what i want to write.

It's not a problem.

And please don't double post.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2015, 11:01 AM by mertdogan. Edit Reason: correction )

In version 2.x there isn't any problem like this!?!
I'm a person from Turkiye. I don't know English very well and i can't write what i want to say sometimes (as now happenes  Blush ).

If i write something by mistake; please don't distress it and try to understand what i want to write.

Scenerio: I want to escape jqgrid sended field name. I don't want to use it in query; only show to client user.

What is the solution? Nothing. You may accept; this is a problem. You can't escape _ wildcard character before query.

Ok ...

First you said this was a bug, because you didn't know the underscore is a wildcard character.
Then you said it isn't a wildcard character under MSSQL (which it is).
Now you've edited that reply because you checked and saw that it in fact is, but you're still insisting that it's a problem because some unknown code of yours doesn't work with it ...

Well, your whole "scenario" is wrong. Why on earth are you using escape_like_str() if you're not going to run a query with it? It's not made for that.

(02-28-2015, 06:36 PM)Narf Wrote: Ok ...

First you said this was a bug, because you didn't know the underscore is a wildcard character.
Then you said it isn't a wildcard character under MSSQL (which it is).
Now you've edited that reply because you checked and saw that it in fact is, but you're still insisting that it's a problem because some unknown code of yours doesn't work with it ...

Well, your whole "scenario" is wrong. Why on earth are you using escape_like_str() if you're not going to run a query with it? It's not made for that.

What did you win to write this boy? Are you a kid at K-12.

"Do not know isn't dishonour, do not learn is dishonour."

You don't know and won't learn humanity; what you will do for that?

Yes stupid boy you are right; i wasn't know underscore is wildcard character. I learned it and fixed my message BEFORE YOU UNDERSTAND MY MESSAGE; CAN READ; AND WRITE THIS STUPID MESSAGE. My learning speed is faster than your thinking speed. Do you like that little boy. How is it going in K-12?

This option is still a bug; i learned something but it is still bug. And continue to be a bug like your stupidition.

I think that i'm writing to professional mature people but i can understand now.

Don't reply my posts; don't write anything forever. Go away!

Well, that's a "professional" and "mature" reply ... I guess it hurts when you get schooled by a "stupid boy at K-12".

There was no malice in my message, but I don't have any desire to communicate with you either. My only problem with you are your bug reports, which more often than not are bogus. Stop insisting that everything you don't like is a bug, and you won't have to deal with me - it's that simple.

If you don't accept that it's a bug; you can simple write "it isn't a bug and explain it's reason.

Hey man; it's still a bug. You can't change my query yourself. My query has _ character in field name. And your code is changing itself.

Don't worry; i have addapted my code to your bad code. Because you are not professional and your code isn't universal. You are thinking that nobody can't use it in their queries because you don't use it in your queries. Make up your mind bigger and world will be more beauty.

I'm not writing these to you. I'm writing to the center of forum. If you don't like my messages and don't want to do anythink i want; simple stop answering and reading my messages. Again; go away

You are contradicting yourself:

(02-28-2015, 10:58 AM)mertdogan Wrote: Scenerio: I want to escape jqgrid sended field name. I don't want to use it in query; only show to client user.

What is the solution? Nothing. You may accept; this is a problem. You can't escape _ wildcard character before query.

(03-01-2015, 10:33 AM)mertdogan Wrote: If you don't accept that it's a bug; you can simple write "it isn't a bug and explain it's reason.

Hey man; it's still a bug. You can't change my query yourself. My query has _ character in field name. And your code is changing itself.

Don't worry; i have addapted my code to your bad code. Because you are not professional and your code isn't universal. You are thinking that nobody can't use it in their queries because you don't use it in your queries. Make up your mind bigger and world will be more beauty.

I'm not writing these to you. I'm writing to the center of forum. If you don't like my messages and don't want to do anythink i want; simple stop answering and reading my messages. Again; go away

So, which one is it? Are you using it in a query or not?

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 05:57 PM by mertdogan.)

Oh my god!!! You don't understand nothing really really!!

I'm using it in my query. I wrote you another scenerio for understanding.

Why are you trying to struggle with me? Stop writing and wtop trying to understand something about me.

Only focus to fix this bug.

escape_like_str function is changing underscores _ to !_ for example TARIH_TR_GUNLU to TARIH!_TR!_GUNLU

This is a real bug. It is a field name gathered from jqgrid column index. And needed to use escape before use it. And this function isn't fixing, it is braking field name. This can't be! This is my current problem. I wrote you another scenerio for example.

What will you do if a user try to escape users email address like that: [email protected]
I'm very very wondering this K-12 boy...

Did you understand something?

I know NO!! You don't understand again again again. Stop struggle me and accept bug report. And fix code before production release. I don't want people kidding to Codeigniter becaouse of your bad ideas!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB