Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When CI 3.0 stable version relase ?

Anyone know when CI 3.0 stable version relase ?

And can I upgrade from current beta CI 3.0 to CI 3.0 stable in the future?

As always the answer is "When it's ready" Smile

Yes, the current version is extremely close to being done. You can see the one last remaining issue is dealing with the Session Library. That's an extremely long conversation but, at this time, it boils down to testing the Memcached driver and the extensibility of the driver itself.

We would love some help in that area, and have asked for help on it previously so feel free to jump in there.

In the meantime, feel free to use the current 3 beta. Lots of people are.

unknown yet about final release

Thank you,
But can I upgade website using current CI 3.0 beta to stable version in the future ? Can it be done easily or will be complicated ?

Yes, you can. It will be simple since almost everything will be the same, or very close to. Primarily involves copying the system folder over what you would have already.

Hey there, I want to help with release, what I need to do?

Is github issues' list actual? Or I can find more actual conversation and todo-list?

Thanks

I believe that the Github information is the latest and up to date.

I am happy to be corrected, if this is not the case.

Github issues is the official list.

First, Sorry for posting this suggestion here (I've just signed up and don't seem to be able to start a new thread on this topic). Perhaps someone could insert/delete the following idea on my behalf. I have been actively using CI for 7 years now and had almost dropped it for Laravell but hesitated due to my large code investment.

I would like to propose enhancement to CI's existing active record implementation to use either the existing CI-Datamapper ORM, or Laravel's Eloquent ORM.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2014, 09:33 AM by albertleao. Edit Reason: typo )

(12-04-2014, 02:56 PM)ananda Wrote: First, Sorry for posting this suggestion here (I've just signed up and don't seem to be able to start a new thread on this topic). Perhaps someone could insert/delete the following idea on my behalf.  I have been actively using CI for 7 years now and had almost dropped it for Laravell but hesitated due to my large code investment.

I would like to propose enhancement to CI's existing active record implementation to use either the existing CI-Datamapper ORM, or Laravel's Eloquent ORM.

That will probably never happen.

CI 3.0 will have composer integrated. It only takes literally 1 line of json to add Eloquent to codeigniter. I use it in my production application.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB