CodeIgniter Forums
Which blog? Inktype or Blaze? - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Which blog? Inktype or Blaze? (/showthread.php?tid=8464)

Pages: 1 2 3

Which blog? Inktype or Blaze? - El Forum - 06-05-2008

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
codeExtinguisher > all Smile just give it some time to grow and for people to start developing plugins, this will be the n1 cms to use. <3 jtaby Smile

clooner, I advise you to use wordpress for now, wait till these 3 get developed to a good level and then come back and enjoy them

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Ouch!

I'd certainly be interested in hearing some concrete ideas that you have on how InkType could be improved. Specifically: "cannot work with the programming style of inktype". What is it exactly that makes it difficult for you? Where did you run into problems?

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
[quote author="Developer13" date="1212718221"]Ouch!

I'd certainly be interested in hearing some concrete ideas that you have on how InkType could be improved. Specifically: "cannot work with the programming style of inktype". What is it exactly that makes it difficult for you? Where did you run into problems?[/quote]

I think your back-end is great but I don't use your front-end. I tried integrating your libraries and models with my front-end but I couldn't get this to work.

For example you call the function posts($properties) from the file lib_posts.php without the $properties variable. If I try to do this in my own front-end it doesn't work (I get the data but with a lot of errors)

Edit:I would be happy to use InkType if there is a solution for the errors...
Edit2: I said horrible... That was not so nice of me...

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Ok I gotcha, and thanks for the response!

So you're not using the blog and page controllers then? You mentioned you tried integrating the libraries and models but did not mention controllers so I assume you are using your own controllers... unfortunately this will most likely not work very well at all as InkType is meant to be either used as a standalone app as it is or modified to fit your use. As of now the controllers, models and libraries are probably a bit too coupled to implement your own front end.

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
I use this code in my controller but I get a lot of errors.
Code:
$this->data['page_title']="Welcome";        
$uri = $this->uri->uri_to_assoc(3);
$this->page = $uri['page'];
if (!$this->page) {
    $this->page = 1;
}
$this->load_view('header,blog/welcome,blog/blogbar,footer',$this->data);

I don't fully understand what this does but without it it doesn't work at all.
Code:
$uri = $this->uri->uri_to_assoc(3);
$this->page = $uri['page'];
if (!$this->page) {
    $this->page = 1;
}

This is one of the error messages that I get

Code:
Message: Missing argument 1 for lib_posts::posts(), called in D:\wamp\www\base\application\views\blog\welcome.php on line 2 and defined

Filename: libraries/lib_posts.php

Line Number: 13

How do should I call this function correct?

Which blog? Inktype or Blaze? - El Forum - 06-06-2008

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
offtop: these problems are why I am so grateful for codeextinguisher, just a nice simple backend and you can integrate is as you like Smile

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
The only problems that appear in coding, are due to our lack of ability to understand the logic required to perform a task.

Inktype rocks. Wink

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
I use InkType with a custom social bookmarking lib, No Problems.

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
Right now I'd recommend Inktype... coding on Blaze has stopped while I work on buysellads.com in my spare time.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
I think inktype and blaze are both stunning, seriously... and would whole-heartedly support either choice. But to those recommending Wordpress, I assume its because of its maturity. Have you looked at ExpressionEngine?