CodeIgniter Forums
MeNeedz Auth - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: MeNeedz Auth (/showthread.php?tid=13058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

MeNeedz Auth - El Forum - 11-14-2008

[eluser]pembelajar[/eluser]
Great! I really need auth library like this, can over all off authentication needs, and the most important it's very simply. Thanks a lot.

MeNeedz Auth - El Forum - 11-15-2008

[eluser]davidbehler[/eluser]
Glad you like it!
Any additional features you need?

[eluser]ColinHoernig[/eluser]
Just wondering,

Is this supported in 1.7.0? I've been search for a auth system for the new version of CI and none seem to work.

Thanks, looks great.

BTW: First post Smile.

I have developed this auth library using CI 1.7.0, so this should definitely work with your copy of CI 1.7.0.

If it doesn't, then just tell me and I will look into it.

MeNeedz Auth - El Forum - 11-16-2008

[quote author="waldmeister" date="1226788954"]Glad you like it!
Any additional features you need?[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your great stuff. But, there is no registration or forgotten password function for this library? Thank you very much for your contribution. ;-)

MeNeedz Auth - El Forum - 11-17-2008

You want, I give! Smile

I have just updated the archive and the user guide (see first post) and added a register function to the library. I kept it has flexible and simple as possible but while doing so I again had to make some changes to the structure of the config, so instead of having a variable for each used input it's now like with the database config, one array that holds all the info. Have a look at the user guide to see how to set up yours.

I have tested my changes but I could not test it for every possible setup. So you might have to test it yourself.

The other function you requested, password retrieval, is not implemented yet. I am not sure how to do it properly because if I want to do it correct I have to send an email to the user with a confirmation link and only change the password after the user visits the link. But that would require a properly set up email library and some additional fields in the database. I will look into it and show you what I come up with in a day or two.

Any comments? Anything else you need?
Just tell me Smile

MeNeedz Auth - El Forum - 11-17-2008

Aha! Very Great!
I will waiting for forgotten password function. Hey, how about edit user password from admin section?

MeNeedz Auth - El Forum - 11-18-2008

[eluser]Bikun[/eluser]
Maybe there is a sense of adding installation guide for CI newbies. Where to place Auth.php file, how to make CI use it etc.

You can mention that here especially for me Smile Thanks

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
[quote author="Bikun" date="1227019190"]Maybe there is a sense of adding installation guide for CI newbies. Where to place Auth.php file, how to make CI use it etc.

You can mention that here especially for me Smile Thanks[/quote]

I believe that it is covered all over the place, but basically any config files that something uses, such as 'database.php', 'auth.php' etc... go in the application/config file, you don't have to do anything else after that.

[eluser]Bikun[/eluser]
[quote author="ray73864" date="1227020916"][quote author="Bikun" date="1227019190"]Maybe there is a sense of adding installation guide for CI newbies. Where to place Auth.php file, how to make CI use it etc.

You can mention that here especially for me Smile Thanks[/quote]

I believe that it is covered all over the place, but basically any config files that something uses, such as 'database.php', 'auth.php' etc... go in the application/config file, you don't have to do anything else after that.[/quote]
I actually meant Auth.php file, which is included in the auth.rar archive provided by author.