CodeIgniter Forums
DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) (/showthread.php?tid=13644)

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-02-2009

[eluser]PHP Creative[/eluser]
Code:
<?    echo $this->dx_auth->get_username();  ?>

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-04-2009

[eluser]Jonas G[/eluser]
Hi

Thanks for a great library!

I am developing locally (MAMP) and pushing changes to a staging server. Everything runs on the same database. I have problem in which I can log in on the staging server, but locally get 'password incorrect'. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Jonas

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-08-2009

[eluser]Jonas G[/eluser]
no one?

[eluser]RS71[/eluser]
Hello

Could somebody tell me the benefits of using this library over of the Tank Auth one?

[eluser]glemigh[/eluser]
[quote author="Jonas G" date="1244479727"]no one?[/quote]

Have you tried
Code:
$this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE);
so you can see and verify the database query that is going on?

Is it really talking to the same database from both machines?

Without more information, that is all that currently comes to mind.

George

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-17-2009

[eluser]MeanStudios[/eluser]
Still having problems with this... Anyone?
[quote author="MeanStudios" date="1243248001"]I'm getting an error with DX_Auth when someone is using the Auto Login feature and their CI Session expires. When they revisit the site, they are getting the following errors:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/DX_Auth.php

Line Number: 435

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/printand/app/pandm_be/ci/libraries/Exceptions.php:164)

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 662

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/printand/app/pandm_be/ci/libraries/Exceptions.php:164)

Filename: helpers/cookie_helper.php

Line Number: 92

To reproduce, login using the Auto-Login feature, then delete your session record from the ci_sessions table and then revisit a page that is protected by DX_Auth.

What to do? Smile[/quote]

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-19-2009

[eluser]MeanStudios[/eluser]
Finally figured it out.

Add this to line 35 of models/dx_auth/user_autologin.php:

Code:
$this->db->select("$users_table.email");

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-22-2009

[eluser]egoslip[/eluser]
Hey Dexcell,

First of all Awsome work love the libraries.

Just a few questions and requests.

When you use $this->dx_auth->check_uri_permissions(); is it possible in the next version you can add a redirect funciton like if they are not logged in it would show the login form then redirect it back to where it was called else show an error... I already have coded this but that it would be a cool feature for other builds.

Is there any way to override the config file like I'm making a add user in the admin cp where I would like to add the user and have it auto active while I want the users who sign up active there accounts via email. Wanted to know if you have a built in override for it before I start messing with it.

is there any possibility of having multi roles in any of the future builds ?

finally would you consider moving the config file to the database?

I'm not trying to sound picky or anything just thought these would be cool addons to and already awesome lib.

I can make all the changes to the lib myself. I just was wondering if you plan on adding more to this lib that way I can avoid making crazy changes to the lib. so I can download your updates

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-25-2009

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
For uses on PHP4 (based on my experience):

- use the autoload for each dx_auth models
Code:
$autoload['model'] = array('dx_auth/login_attempts','dx_auth/permissions','dx_auth/roles','dx_auth/user_autologin','dx_auth/user_profile','dx_auth/user_temp','dx_auth/users');

- you may need to comment each lines of code which loading the model on the libraries
(applications/models/DX_Auth.php & applications/models/DX_Auth_Event.php)
example:
Code:
// $this->ci->load->model('dx_auth/roles', 'roles');

Hope it helps you who encountered trouble using DX Authentication on PHP4.

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-29-2009

[eluser]danharper[/eluser]
[quote author="Jonas G" date="1244144897"]Hi

Thanks for a great library!

I am developing locally (MAMP) and pushing changes to a staging server. Everything runs on the same database. I have problem in which I can log in on the staging server, but locally get 'password incorrect'. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Jonas[/quote]

I'm having the same problem as above. Using my local 'XAMPP for Mac' server, I constantly get an incorrect password error when trying to log in.
However when I upload the exact same files to my web server, and import a clone of the same database, the log in works fine!

Is there a problem with the library when accessed via localhost?
Thanks.