CodeIgniter Forums
DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) (/showthread.php?tid=13644)

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 06-30-2009

[eluser]rana[/eluser]
Hi, can anyone help me, what is the initial password for dx_auth after installation??

[eluser]danharper[/eluser]
u: admin
p: hello

[eluser]rana[/eluser]
[quote author="danharper" date="1246392730"]u: admin
p: hello[/quote]

Thanks.

[eluser]North2Alaska[/eluser]
I'm working through extending the Controller class to protect every page. My_Contoller.php looks like this:
Code:
<?php

class Main extends Controller
{
   function Main()
   {
      parent::Controller();
      $this->load->library('DX_Auth');
      $this->load->helper('url');

if($this->dx_auth->is_logged_in() == FALSE)
      {
         log_message('debug', '"Main" Controller Initialized');
         redirect('login', 'location');

}
   }

}
?>

This is working as far as requiring one to be logged in. But what I would like it to do is return to the URI that was requested when it interrupted. Is there a better way of handling this? Any suggestions?

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 07-17-2009

I have another question. When the "Remember Me" is checked and autologin is fired, I don't get a log in Event. I think I would like to modify the autologin to fire an event, but unsure of the best way to handle it. Any suggestions?

DX Auth 1.0.6 (Authentication library) - El Forum - 07-23-2009

[eluser]Caelis[/eluser]
[quote author="North2Alaska" date="1246434630"]I'm working through extending the Controller class to protect every page.[/quote]

Not a bad idea...
But can't you use check_uri_permissions() for this already?
Or is this different? Smile

[eluser]Caelis[/eluser]
[quote author="nelkindotnet" date="1241128994"]Hi. So I got your authentication to work flawlessly and it is awesome! I got a quick question though... Once my user logs in I redirect them to their "Dashboard" page. From here I have a link for multiple pages. When they click on a link it then redirects them back to the login page. Basically in my controller I have...

$this->load->library('DX_Auth');
$this->dx_auth->check_uri_permissions();

...located on all pages that I want locked down. Am I not doing proper session/permission checking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
[]D[]\[][/quote]

Probably a bit late, but did you actually set up the URI Permissions for the role of those users? Smile

[quote author="Caelis" date="1248351251"]
Not a bad idea...
Or is this different? Smile[/quote]

I looked at that breifly, but I hadn't got as far as setting up roles and permissions yet and thought this wouldn't work. I will dig into more, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

[eluser]Caelis[/eluser]
[quote author="North2Alaska" date="1248363219"][quote author="Caelis" date="1248351251"]
Not a bad idea...
Or is this different? Smile[/quote]

I looked at that breifly, but I hadn't got as far as setting up roles and permissions yet and thought this wouldn't work. I will dig into more, though. Thanks for the suggestion.[/quote]

I'm not saying it is not a good idea to not extend the controller.
I even thought at first that your function might even be better for controlling a controller.

But in hindsight, uri_permissions offer you the flexibility to predefine which controllers to protect (via check_uri_permissions for either the complete controller or just a function within a controller) and to actually assign these permissions to the different roles and change them at runtime at will. Smile

I'm getting more and more fan of DX Auth because it's way easier to understand then for instance freakauth and I even started adding some own function to the library Smile

[eluser]ApranaxFortress[/eluser]
Hi i am working on a social networking site. I want to add mini ajax chat so i want to learn users online status.

How can i get users online status ?