CodeIgniter Forums
Vanilla on CI using dipping - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Development & Programming (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Vanilla on CI using dipping (/showthread.php?tid=14523)

Pages: 1 2

Vanilla on CI using dipping - El Forum - 01-06-2009

[eluser]port23user[/eluser]
I followed the tutorial at http://codeigniter.com/wiki/CL_Auth_Integration_with_Vanilla_Forum_Engine/ exactly. I can log in and log out using CL auth fine. Before I started trying to integrate Vanilla, my Vanilla forum worked fine too (domain.com/vanilla/). After following the tutorial, going to domain.com/vanilla/ gives a CI 404 error.

My CI log shows this: "404 Page Not Found --> vanilla".

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Vanilla on CI using dipping - El Forum - 01-06-2009

I have debugged this a little, but still can't figure out how to fix it. I found out that the site breaks when it gets to the Router class. Here's the flow:
People.Class.CI_Authenticator-->cidip_index-->cidip_CodeIgniter-->Router

I found that within the Router class in the _validate_request() function, it is trying to find a "vanilla" controller. This obviously doesn't exist. I'm not sure if it should be like that or if it should be looking for something else since it's dipping.

Here's my .htaccess (notice I put in a section to ignore things within vanilla):
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|css|uploads|js|robots\.txt|cl_style|captcha|vanilla)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
Options -Indexes

Vanilla on CI using dipping - El Forum - 01-27-2009

[eluser]neph[/eluser]
i've had this same exact problem when working with a new install of vanilla, i was using a hook to modify the output using a ROR yield method (here) and thought that may have a had a part to play in it. did you ever get this resolved?

Vanilla on CI using dipping - El Forum - 01-28-2009

I didn't get it resolved. Since I also need a messaging system, Threadler (threadler.com) sounded like what I want. I'm also considering CX Forums. Both are being done in CodeIgniter but neither of them are released yet. I might take another look at it though if I find out what went wrong.

[eluser]neph[/eluser]
ah, well i ended up getting it working with a fresh copy of ci and vanilla, but since i dont feel like messing around with it to figure out why i cant get it working in my current install i decided to write a light weight forum using my existing setup. i have a mail system already in place i plan on integrating with it, i'll post the source when i'm finished if you're interested.

Thanks. I'm definitely interested in your forum/mail system. Are you going to start it as its own project?

[eluser]neph[/eluser]
yeah i'm not using any pre-made scripts on anything that i have running as of yet. i'll definitely update you with my progress. i dont expect it to take more than a few days to have something that works.

[eluser]neph[/eluser]
well, i have it pretty much finished, took a lot less time than i anticipated. are you using any specific user auth library or anything? i'm not, although as of now it only does one user table check for the authorId = userId which is pulled in from a join. i'm about to add the forum_user_stats table and then it should be finished. the mail system is independent of the forum but they both share the user table. which uses username, password, email, first_name, last_name....but each only use the username and userId fields so it should be pretty easy to port them over to whatever you have set up.

Sweet! That sounds like it'll be pretty easy to port over. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) will find it useful. I was originally doing the auth myself, but I switched halfway. Why redo work that's already been done? I'm using DX Auth because it does everything I need it to.

Vanilla on CI using dipping - El Forum - 04-03-2009

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm bumping this up, because I think Vanilla is sweet and the integration with DX_auth would be a nice thing to accomplish.

I think I have the same problem, something fishy is happening with the routing/cidip. When trying to access any vanilla functionalities after the integration (from Wiki) it returns the default controller.

Any ideas / did anyone resolve this?

* Edit:

Ok, the routing problem disappeared when the approriate rows were added to the beginning of cidip_index.php (following the tutorial closely enough always helps Smile)

And the authentication class in Vanilla (as described in the wiki) is trying to fetch username from cookie which did not work. This was solved by replacing this (People.Class.CI_Authenticator.php / GetIdentity -function):

Code:
$Username = $obj->session->userdata('username');

by this:

Code:
$Username = $obj->dx_auth->get_username();

So CI + DX Auth + Vanilla -smoothie tastes good again! :-)