CodeIgniter Forums
Moderated Posts - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Discussion (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moderated Posts (/showthread.php?tid=172)

Moderated Posts - ciadmin - 11-07-2014

I know that many of you are anxious to have really cheap designer handbags and miraculous (and cheap) products to enhance your prowess in the bedroom, right? NOT!

I have configured the site so that the first few posts of newly registered users require moderation, i.e. approval before the posts appear.

This policy is time-consuming for the moderators, but effective. As this post is being written, the forum has grown to over 600 members, in just two weeks. Without moderation, this would have been 10% higher ... yes, almost 60 attempted spammers have tried to get in - getting past the registration security and attempting to post one to three bogus messages. To be fair, they haven't all been about purses and pills - I couldn't tell you what half of them were, because they were in a foreign language, contrary to forum policy (although the number and keywords in some of the embedded links was a give-away).

I am not aware of *any* spam getting through our process, and ask that you be patient. We are not standing by, inspecting registrations and posts every second minute, although I hope it seems so Undecided

Be patient, young padawans - your posts will start to flow, and we will find and eliminate the ones we are looking for!

RE: Moderated Posts - Mark Morcom - 06-26-2018

(11-07-2014, 08:18 AM)ciadmin Wrote: I know that many of you are anxious to have really cheap designer handbags and miraculous (and cheap) products to enhance your prowess in the bedroom, right? NOT!

I have configured the site so that the first few posts of newly registered users require moderation, i.e. approval before the posts appear.

This policy is time-consuming for the moderators, but effective. As this post is being written, the forum has grown to over 600 members, in just two weeks. Without moderation, this would have been 10% higher ... yes, almost 60 attempted spammers have tried to get in - getting past the registration security and attempting to post one to three bogus messages. To be fair, they haven't all been about purses and pills - I couldn't tell you what half of them were, because they were in a foreign language, contrary to forum policy (although the number and keywords in some of the embedded links was a give-away).

I am not aware of *any* spam getting through our process, and ask that you be patient. We are not standing by, inspecting registrations and posts every second minute, although I hope it seems so Undecided

Be patient, young padawans - your posts will start to flow, and we will find and eliminate the ones we are looking for!

I am battling to work out how to even start a new tread?

RE: Moderated Posts - ciadmin - 06-26-2018

(06-26-2018, 12:49 AM)Mark Morcom Wrote: I am battling to work out how to even start a new tread?

Inside the subforum where you want to start a new thread, click the "Start New Topic" button, upper right hand side.