CodeIgniter Forums
Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) (/showthread.php?tid=17515)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) - El Forum - 08-11-2009

[eluser]geocine[/eluser]
admin is my main controller, do I have to paste it to all controllers?

like if I do /admin/user/create

i should have it also on user controller?

Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) - El Forum - 08-17-2009

[eluser]sszynrae[/eluser]
Just dropping by to say thank you Gromozeka!

I replaced reduxb2 on my project yesterday, and unlike so many other auth modules, this code is actually a joy to read and work with. Intelligent model names just make things look so much better as well.

Also, as a lot of people want role systems, I just thought I'd share my quick implementation that wont take you long:
1.add a access field in your users table (int, higher => higher level)
2.edit the login function in tank_auth library at the line where session data is written, add another line where you write 'access' => $user->access,
3.create a function in the library: function get_access() {return $this->ci->session->userdata('access');}
4.use function to test for sufficient user level by something like if ($this->tank_auth->get_access() > 5) { //proceed
5. If you want names for your levels, just make a function in your main model to translate that access number into a string with what the number corresponds to.

and that should work. probably obvious and perhaps too small for many, but it does the job for me at least.

Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) - El Forum - 08-17-2009

[eluser]omalave[/eluser]
Hi, thanks for this awesome library.. look im using for learnign codeigniter and i got a problem, i try to code a new view for login frontend but i dont see any line for disable captcha on login, i see it at registration but no at login... everything is perfect but i dont need captcha so i want to no show it.

regards!

Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) - El Forum - 08-27-2009

[eluser]matelot[/eluser]
[quote author="omalave" date="1250586490"]Hi, thanks for this awesome library.. look im using for learnign codeigniter and i got a problem, i try to code a new view for login frontend but i dont see any line for disable captcha on login, i see it at registration but no at login... everything is perfect but i dont need captcha so i want to no show it.

regards![/quote]

Look in config/tank_auth.php for this line $config['captcha_registration'] = TRUE;

It should look :$config['captcha_registration'] = FALSE;

[eluser]matelot[/eluser]
Thank for the library. I'm currently using it in my projects.
I've made a fast traduction for french people.

Have a look.

[eluser]internut[/eluser]
Thanks for providing Tank Auth! Nice work.

I'm having an issue after logging in and accessing:

/auth/reset_password/

Your activation key is incorrect or expired... ?

Any thoughts?

I have it set to register instantly. No verification.

[eluser]matelot[/eluser]
I have problem with Tank Auth login and Sarafi 4.0.3 (OS X Leopard).
When and try to login, it redirect me to auth/login page.

When I test with Firefox 3.5, it redirect me to welcome page, which is good.

It's seems that Safari has problem with redirection.

Is there someone else with this issue?

[eluser]matelot[/eluser]
[quote author="matelot" date="1251408372"]I have problem with Tank Auth login and Sarafi 4.0.3 (OS X Leopard).
When and try to login, it redirect me to auth/login page.

When I test with Firefox 3.5, it redirect me to welcome page, which is good.

It's seems that Safari has problem with redirection.

Is there someone else with this issue?[/quote]

I have change date on my server and it start working as it should.

Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) - El Forum - 08-28-2009

[eluser]sneddo[/eluser]
I have just read the whole Topic and had a look through the code and it looks awesome just what I am after (and the sort of thing I was going to write if I hadnt found this).

I think that this : http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/605466/ would be good to have in the release as I think others will want an easy way to turn this off too. I will be making the changes so I can turn it on and off as different projects require.

Thank you for this mate, great work Smile

Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library) - El Forum - 08-31-2009

[eluser]Lyma[/eluser]
Work this with postgresql?