CodeIgniter Forums
Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Development & Programming (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php (/showthread.php?tid=17645)

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - El Forum - 04-10-2009

[eluser]italoc[/eluser]
i have tried to use URI languge identifier following the wiki in this site.

works fine in localhost but in production server (i have try this in 2 server) don't work

i obtain this error:

Code:
Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php

someone can help me?

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - El Forum - 04-10-2009

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
If you're trying to "extend" (using the MY_ prefix emulates extending a class in CI for example) url_helper, you probably need to name your file MY_url_helper.php with an uppercase MY (check your config.php file for $config['subclass_prefix'].) Windows will forgive case insenstivity but *nix will not.

Another thought is perhaps you are referencing your helper like:

Code:
<?php
$this->load->helper('my_url');
?>

which would be wrong, as you'd just need to use:

Code:
<?php
$this->load->helper('url');
?>

That will reference your your MY_url_helper.php file and replace any functions by the same name with your "extended" functions.

How are you referencing it?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Exactly so. Use the MY_ prefix to extend an existing file, and load it as you would normally load it:
Code:
$this->load->helper('url');

CodeIgniter checks for a file named MY_url_helper.php, and loads it if it exists, and then loads the core version of the file. When the core file is loaded, if a particular function is already defined (i.e you defined it in your custom helper), the function from the core file will be ignored.

Hope this helps.

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - El Forum - 10-05-2009

[eluser]Shiro[/eluser]
I think CI have change the string to be lower case, as you can see the CI warning:
Code:

I also having the same problem today.
but not append CI helper, i create my own helper file call my_function_helper.php
the file name is MY_function_helper.php
but when I upload to production server, it show the error message
Code:
Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_function_helper.php
what I have done is rename the file name to lower letter my_function_helper.php then it works.

I am using CI 1.72, not sure this is a bug or not.

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - El Forum - 10-07-2009

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
How are you loading the helper?

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - El Forum - 10-12-2009

[eluser]Shiro[/eluser]
from autoload.php in the helper array I added $autoload['helper'] = array('MY_function');

but as you can see the CI shows the error is small cap for the error

Code:

I just keep the file name with small cap, then the problem solve.

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - El Forum - 02-22-2010

[eluser]LoganPHP[/eluser]
yes i also faced the following same problem...

so this is codeigniter bug or anything?

I think CI have change the string to be lower case, as you can see the CI warning:
Code:

I also having the same problem today.
but not append CI helper, i create my own helper file call my_function_helper.php
the file name is MY_function_helper.php
but when I upload to production server, it show the error message
Code:

what I have done is rename the file name to lower letter my_function_helper.php then it works.

I am using CI 1.72, not sure this is a bug or not.

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/my_url_helper.php - El Forum - 07-05-2011

[eluser]Elegant Rao[/eluser]
if i tell you, you might laugh , but i was facing that same problem , i resolved it this way:

my helper name was form_validator.php. it was giving me the same error. it was also telling me what to do.

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/form_validator_helper.php

find anything ..???? yes it is that "helper".
then i renamed my file by form_validator_helper.php and than..... woala... yes this is how it was resolved.