CodeIgniter Forums
The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier. - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier. (/showthread.php?tid=18103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier. - El Forum - 05-02-2009

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
[quote author="Otaku Coder" date="1241303696"]I already have a 'groups' table in an app I've been developing, so I had to rename it in your dump.sql. However, I can't find any references to that table in the auth code. Is it actually being used or have I just missed it?[/quote]

Yes it's in there so it can be used in your application, but it's not directly used in the Library. Although this will change in future versions.

[quote author="Otaku Coder" date="1241304004"]I seem to be on a Bug Hunt today!!! Here's another one for you Adam:

Quote:A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: pages/reg_success.php

Line Number: 5

I get that error after I've hit 'Submit' on the register view. It says 'Success' and the record is inserted correctly in the DB so everything else appears to work fine.[/quote]

Thanks, I think I've fixed the problem now. Can you download the new Auth.php library file from github and test it on your machine just to be sure?

Thanks.

The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier. - El Forum - 05-02-2009

[eluser]Otaku Coder[/eluser]
Installed the new Auth.php and I can't see any other errors for now. Thanks!!! Another question, is the Dashboard view supposed to be empty? All I see is 'This is the admin section.'.

[quote author="Otaku Coder" date="1241304921"]Installed the new Auth.php and I can't see any other errors for now. Thanks!!! Another question, is the Dashboard view supposed to be empty? All I see is 'This is the admin section.'.[/quote]

No worries.

The dashboard should say "welcome $username" where $username is the username of the user. "This is the admin section" was in the old admin controller, have you updated to the new admin controller? There are 2 now, in a directory controllers/admin/.

Thanks.

[eluser]Otaku Coder[/eluser]
[quote author="Adam Griffiths" date="1241305213"]

The dashboard should say "welcome $username" where $username is the username of the user. "This is the admin section" was in the old admin controller, have you updated to the new admin controller? There are 2 now, in a directory controllers/admin/.

Thanks.[/quote]

I have updated to the new admin controller and I can't see anything other than 'This is the admin section'.

The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier. - El Forum - 05-03-2009

[eluser]spmckee[/eluser]
I'm getting the same thing: “This is the admin section”

The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier. - El Forum - 05-03-2009

I found the problem. I deleted these files locally but they were still in the github repo, even after several commits. I have removed the older files from the repo.

I removed:

controllers/admin.php (path changed)
views/auth/login.php (path changed)
views/auth/logout.php (path changed)
views/auth/reg_success.php (path changed)
views/auth/register.php (path changed)

all .sql files except dump.sql.

So you can either delete the files you don't need locally or grab them from the repo again.

Thanks.

[eluser]spmckee[/eluser]
Thanks Adam. I can't seem to get the package via the "download" button on git. Do you have a direct link?

Download ZIP

Thanks.

[eluser]spmckee[/eluser]
Thanks, perfect.

One thing I noticed. Should
Code:
$config['auth_login'] = 'admin/';
be
Code:
$config['auth_login'] = 'admin/dashboard/';
?

Yes it should, I fixed it and it's now in the repo.

Thanks.