CodeIgniter Forums
Halogy | Free Hosted CMS with loads of modules - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Halogy | Free Hosted CMS with loads of modules (/showthread.php?tid=18408)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Halogy | Free Hosted CMS with loads of modules - El Forum - 05-05-2009

[eluser]Stu Green[/eluser]
Hey all,

As some of you may know, my company and I have been developing a CMS called Halogy - 'your website guardian'.

Halogy is supposed to be:

- Modern: uses AJAX / Jquery, and efficient MVC code.

- Really easy to use: Usability is really key, but it's still pretty powerful for the administrator.

- Hosted: No installation required and little technical knowledge is necessary (though that's not a problem for you guys).

- Lots of Modules: Things like Blog, Forums, E-commerce, Wiki, Tickets etc.

- Social: Easily integrates with Twitter etc.

- Free: The CMS, the modules, and even the hosting is FREE (at least for now).

AND BEST OF ALL....

- Built on CodeIgniter!!!: Yes indeed, Halogy is Ignited! We are so proud of using CI for Halogy and we will make sure that it gets credited duly and also any modules (e.g. HMVC) we've used will get credited.

The CMS is open for Private Beta, so please go to the website and if you are interested let us have your email, and we'll put you on the list.

We hope to go live this summer for Public Beta.

Thanks all, we're excited and we love CodeIgniter and thank everyone in the community for making it what it is. Smile

http://www.halogy.com

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
Nice work, but the text on the website is really, really hard to read Smile

Hey thanks for the feedback. Are you saying the text is too hard to read because of the contrast (colours) or the font-size? Did making the font larger help at all?

Thanks

PS we've fixed this now and made the text more contrasting.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
Looks nice, but does not validate

Halogy | Free Hosted CMS with loads of modules - El Forum - 05-06-2009

[quote author="tomcode" date="1241598453"]Looks nice, but does not validate[/quote]

Cmon, it's a holding page! I think some of you are missing the point. I've fixed the validation errors.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I have to say but the header title in the banner is impossible to read.

[quote author="adamp1" date="1241610607"]I have to say but the header title in the banner is impossible to read.[/quote]

which bit? the logo or, "Halogy is..."

I appreciate the feedback by the way, the brand and design is still quite new and it does need beta testing. However the point of the page is just to collect emails.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
The big header at the top, its in white on a blue background. Its very hard to read, unless you know what it says already

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
there's also something underneath that is very unreadable. Anyway, good luck with the project.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I was reading this thread, thinking everyone was exagerating the header being hard to read, but when I checked it out, its actually close to impossible unless you know what it says

Looks very nice though (the rest of it, not the header Tongue)