CodeIgniter Forums
Codeigniter the best and easy to use php framework I have ever seen - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived General Discussion (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Codeigniter the best and easy to use php framework I have ever seen (/showthread.php?tid=18597)

Pages: 1 2

Codeigniter the best and easy to use php framework I have ever seen - El Forum - 05-12-2009

[eluser]Waqar[/eluser]
Bundle of thanks to the writers of codeigniter php framework. Codeigntier the best and easy to use php framework for advanced and newbies developers.

Codeigniter the best and easy to use php framework I have ever seen - El Forum - 05-12-2009

[eluser]RcCluster[/eluser]
i started yesterday.

yes its very easy to lear for newbies!

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
Yes even Rasmus Lerdorf likes it Wink

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
There's no mention of CI on that site :-S But I do remember reading that somewhere else
And I think it was a case more of CI being the lesser of 2 evils

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
To paraphrase Rasmus, "all frameworks suck but if I had to use one I would pick something small and unobtrusive, like CodeIgniter."

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I think you should put a seal icon on the CI homepage saying 'Used by Rasmus' (or similar) Smile

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1242140328"]There's no mention of CI on that site :-S But I do remember reading that somewhere else
And I think it was a case more of CI being the lesser of 2 evils[/quote]
Watch the video... There is a BIG link in the middle of the page linking to the video.

It was a sarcastic note since Rasmus actually doesn't like frameworks, because they perform much slower than 'plain' php. When asked which framework he liked best he answered:
Quote:"Code Igniter, because it is faster, lighter and the least like a framework".

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I don't have time to watch videos (I'm at work), I just done a search on the page and there was no mention of CI, CodeIgniter, Code Igniter etc

And my comment was also sarcastic, because I know he doesn't like frameworks
I have read countless articles by/about him and PHP and frameworks etc

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Yep, it doesn't get easier than what codeigniter is, I'm still saying to myself, where was CI, all those years, I've been looking for a frame work and I tried so much and they didn't work. Maybe I wasn't using the proper keywords. The good thing I'm using it now :d

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
If someone can find that quote I could definitely use it - would fit into my refreshAugusta presentation next week perfectly.

Edit: Only took a second to find - was a presentation he gave, it's cited in EllisLab's Wikipedia article.