CodeIgniter Forums
[SOLVED]disable mail - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Development & Programming (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED]disable mail (/showthread.php?tid=18630)

Pages: 1 2 3

[SOLVED]disable mail - El Forum - 05-13-2009

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Yes you have to add the flag everywhere where an email is generated in the system. But this adds a whole new feature to the system once the full ACL functionality kicks in, which is the base of the problem IMO.

If an added module that has nothing to do with the system uses the email class, it will use the overwritten method too. I think method overwriting of the core libraries should be kept to a minimum.
if you are dead set on extending the email class do it with a new method then the link between the system an the email method will be more visible.

Maybe i'm seeing it too big and is it not needed to think about future changes and additions.

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
@xwero although what you propose is the 'correct' way of integrating a Dev flag, for a one-time setup, as is mine, extending the core is what I need.

The problem with asking questions is that you get so many good responses, which trigger a whole new set of questions and ideas;-)

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
[quote author="rogierb" date="1242229137"]The problem with asking questions is that you get so many good responses, which trigger a whole new set of questions and ideas;-)[/quote]

That's the beauty of it. You can explore all the different possibilities, and form your own opinion of which is more suited to your needs. Two heads are better than one, any more heads is a bonus!

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Quote:Two heads are better than one, any more heads is a bonus!

yes, but where to buy clothes :-P

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="rogierb" date="1242230841"]

yes, but where to buy clothes :-P[/quote]

At the multi headed T-shirt shop.... what do you mean they don't exist...
I've just found a gap in the market... I'm going to be a millionaire Smile

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="rogierb" date="1242230841"]

yes, but where to buy clothes :-P[/quote]
T-shirts have three holes near the head and the sleeve can function as a turtle neck.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1242231134"]
At the multi headed T-shirt shop.... what do you mean they don't exist...
I've just found a gap in the market... I'm going to be a millionaire Smile[/quote]
I did it on the cheap Smile hole filled Wink

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
xwero, so what will you do when there's a 4 header person?
Also, you don;t seem to understand this whole making money, you don't fill a new hole with an existing product, you make and sell a new one Wink

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
As this is an open source forum i think there are more two headed people who will do it on the cheap than buying custom designed clothes Smile

You thought you saw a gap i just closed it.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I don't want to play this game anymore... not that I'm a sore loser... I just need to cancel my deposit on a multi headed t-shirt factory Tongue