CodeIgniter Forums
PHP 5.3.0 Compatibility - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: Archived General Discussion (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: PHP 5.3.0 Compatibility (/thread-21042.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

PHP 5.3.0 Compatibility - El Forum - 08-04-2009

[eluser]hvalente13[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I made php 5.3 upgrade and became with several warnings and errors, but surfing here on the CI foruns and SVN repo I am able to fix most of them. But I'm getting one that can't deal with:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '1.0/DST' instead

Filename: helpers/date_helper.php

Line Number: 94

Please help.

Best Regards

I solved this issue by hammering the date_helper.php

In function mdate()
Code:
$CI =& get_instance();
date_default_timezone_set($CI->config->item('timezone'));

In application/config/config.php
Code:
$config['timezone'] = 'Europe/Lisbon';

I now that's NOT how to do it, but I'm in a hurry. I'll wait for a better solution.

Best Regards

[eluser]Kromack[/eluser]
Thank you for this news !

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="hvalente13" date="1249399554"]Hi guys,

I made php 5.3 upgrade and became with several warnings and errors, but surfing here on the CI foruns and SVN repo I am able to fix most of them. But I'm getting one that can't deal with:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '1.0/DST' instead

Filename: helpers/date_helper.php

Line Number: 94

Please help.

Best Regards[/quote]

The correct way to solve this is to add the date.timezone directive to your php.ini file.

Thank you Derek,

Quote:The correct way to solve this is to add the date.timezone directive to your php.ini file.

That's useful.

I think that will be a common setup item when any webhosting company upgrades php version, am I right?

Because I can access my php.ini, but in shared hosting I can't.

Thank you once more.

Best Regards

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Yep, a professionally managed hosting environment running PHP 5.3 should have that set for their servers.

PHP 5.3.0 Compatibility - El Forum - 08-05-2009

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Is there an easy way to download the entire SVN, or do I have to save each page as a file?

PHP 5.3.0 Compatibility - El Forum - 08-06-2009

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Fatal Error after upgrade, reported here:
http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/8475/

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="skunkbad" date="1249555175"]Is there an easy way to download the entire SVN, or do I have to save each page as a file?[/quote]

If you have SVN (and otionally a GUI client like TortoiseSVN) you can give it the trunk URL and checkout the entire thing in one go (as well as seeing the change log, om mit history etc)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1249564144"][quote author="skunkbad" date="1249555175"]Is there an easy way to download the entire SVN, or do I have to save each page as a file?[/quote]

If you have SVN (and otionally a GUI client like TortoiseSVN) you can give it the trunk URL and checkout the entire thing in one go (as well as seeing the change log, om mit history etc)[/quote]
I have tried checkout & filled in URL of SVN, but it is VERY slow... (+- 10kb/sec). After one night of downloading it stated "600mb downloaded" but in the folder i don't see a damn thing?
I use tortoisesvn. At this time i have opened the logs, but after 5 minutes no revision logs are shown. What am i doing wrong...?