CodeIgniter Forums
FreakAuth light 1.1 released - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: FreakAuth light 1.1 released (/showthread.php?tid=2116)

FreakAuth light 1.1 released - El Forum - 07-17-2007

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
After two months (and few weeks of silence) we are proud and honored to announce the release of FAL 1.1 !!!

As usual with this lib, you’ll be able to add to your app an authentication solution:

* an admin backend
* functions to secure whole controllers or their functions
* functions to customize your views ccording to the role of the user

We thought this version should deserve a 1.1 tag. Have a look at the change log and tell us what you think.

You'll find docs and sources on the official site.

We'll be glad to hear your feedback here.

-- the FreakTeam (danfreak and grahack)

[eluser]danfreak[/eluser]
wow wow wow!

;-)

I posted 2 new tutorials about FAL 1.1:

=> Extending FreakAuth

=> FreakAuth_light 1.1 new assets management

hope this helps!

Dan

[eluser]Iksander[/eluser]
Congratulations guys!

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
I post my question wich was in 1.04 here.

I think it would be a great feature to have a unique identification system, that once we are logged in, if we loggin from another place at the same moment with the same account, then the older session is deleted restrincting then the users to be logged in only from 1 browser at a time. This can protect for exemple in some apps that a user give to everybody his account informations (specially in websites wich offer paying services)

As Danfreak suggested to me in the 1.04 forum thread, i will be happy to contribute, as far as i can can, and do not worry Danfreak that i am a big open source contributor at the moment that my skills permit it !

Now about the suggestion wich i post here, my goal was not that that the FreakAuth developpers make this new functionality for me, but i would be interresting to have a point to start, or a way to do it and once more, if i can come with a working solution, i will be glad to contribute ! Hope you FreakAuth developper team didn't miserderstood what i was asking here !

And also forgot to tell to complete my post, i use FreakAuth only from yesterday when i discovered it, so before contribute, i will need a little bit more time to understand all, but it's a really wonderfull peace of code.

[eluser]codercotton[/eluser]
Hello,

If one of you FreakAuth guys would help me out with my FreakAuth problem, I would be most appreciative.

TIA,
Cotton

FreakAuth light 1.1 released - El Forum - 07-18-2007

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
[quote author="elitemedia" date="1184736005"]
I think it would be a great feature to have a unique identification system, that once we are logged in, if we loggin from another place at the same moment with the same account, then the older session is deleted restrincting then the users to be logged in only from 1 browser at a time. This can protect for exemple in some apps that a user give to everybody his account informations (specially in websites wich offer paying services)

Now about the suggestion wich i post here, my goal was not that that the FreakAuth developpers make this new functionality for me, but i would be interresting to have a point to start, or a way to do it...
[/quote]
This suggestion has already been made. When a (new) config flag is set to true, FAL could store a row in a dedicated table (id of the user) and (rather than turn the old session off) prevent new sessions from being created with the same id.
This would allow us to count logged in users, make a list…
But while I’m writing it, I now think that a dedicated table is already set: ci_sessions. all the info we need is hidden in the serialized string. It could be quite easy to work with this…

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Quote:This suggestion has already been made. When a (new) config flag is set to true, FAL could store a row in a dedicated table (id of the user) and (rather than turn the old session off) prevent new sessions from being created with the same id.
This would allow us to count logged in users, make a list…

Grahack, Sorry, I am not sure that I understood your answer due to my bad english ;-)
Do you mean this feature exists already in FAL 1.1 or do you mean that you are about to developp it ?

Christophe

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
Quote:Do you mean this feature exists already in FAL 1.1 or do you mean that you are about to developp it ?
not existing, not under development
I meant that the ci_sessions table is our friend, it contains the infos we need. We just have to fetch it to know who's online, and do whatever you want with it (count, prevent other connexions...)

EDIT: the (DB_)sessions API: userdata() and set_userdata() should be useful.
Quote:Christophe
Do you mean we have the same name?

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
Grate work! Congratulations!

[eluser]danfreak[/eluser]
@Iksander & MrEnirO

Cheers guys!
I hope you will like the new features!

Dan