CodeIgniter Forums
installing when you moved the application directory - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: installing when you moved the application directory (/showthread.php?tid=2514)

installing when you moved the application directory - El Forum - 08-09-2007

[eluser]jgberg[/eluser]
I'm not clear on how to install FreakAuth when I've moved the application directory out of the system directory, making it a peer of 'system'. (I did this with the intent to keep 'my' stuff away from the changes to CI core, though this seems be an illusion as things unfold.) But where do I put the FreakAuth files supplied under system/language and system/helpers for example? Do they belong under system/helpers or under a newly created application/helpers (etc)?

installing when you moved the application directory - El Forum - 08-09-2007

[eluser]BravoAlpha[/eluser]
If you were going to use the same system folder, and the same FreakAuth files, for multiple applications, then the FreakAuth files would need to be in the system folders...

installing when you moved the application directory - El Forum - 08-10-2007

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
I am using another approach:
I have one clean system folder
I have the full freakauth application folder with helpers/models/library
Because I need this only for login/registering...
I copied the db_session to the system/library,
and in my other application I only check the freakauth cookies in a pre controller hook, and if it´s not logged in then the visitor (mostly myself ;-) ) will be redirected to the freakauth application folder...

installing when you moved the application directory - El Forum - 08-14-2007

[eluser]jgberg[/eluser]
Well it doesn't seem to be working... Things I've built do work fine but not freakauth. When i run the freakauth installer script, the first two lines of the resulting page are:

FreakAuth_light®
load->view($this->config->item('FAL_template_dir').'template/menu');?>

...and the title of the page displays as:
<?=$heading.' » '.$this->config->item('FAL_website_name')?>

Soooo, these bits of php are not actually executing but are showing up literally... What is wrong with my configuration? Do I have to mess with config/freakauth_light.php? How?

My directory tree look like this:
application/ index.php* license.txt* public/ system/ tmp/ user_guide/
(application is here a peer of system, and I added public & tmp from freakauth)

Under application are:
config/ controllers/ errors/ hooks/ index.html* libraries/ models/ views/
(I added libraries from freekauth, and the various files under config, controllers and views)

Under system:
I added files to fonts & helpers from freakauth, and I note that I have a libraries directory under system as well as under application

Help!

installing when you moved the application directory - El Forum - 08-15-2007

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
this weekend I had a new wamp installatin and my
<?="text here"?> did not get executed, too
and css did not work

The problem was a setting in the php.ini, change it to On
or change the <? to <?php echo....

Code:
; Allow the <? tag.  Otherwise, only <?php and  tags are recognized.
; NOTE: Using short tags should be avoided when developing applications or
; libraries that are meant for redistribution, or deployment on PHP
; servers which are not under your control, because short tags may not
; be supported on the target server. For portable, redistributable code,
; be sure not to use short tags.
short_open_tag = Off  //<------- change this to On!!!!!!!

good luck! :coolsmile:

[eluser]jgberg[/eluser]
ah... yes, of course... that was it.

Now, of course FreakAuth ought not use shortcodes as per the comment in the php.ini file... I left that off believing the comment that is there...

sigh

thanks!

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="jgberg" date="1186720344"]I'm not clear on how to install FreakAuth when I've moved the application directory out of the system directory, making it a peer of 'system'. (I did this with the intent to keep 'my' stuff away from the changes to CI core, though this seems be an illusion as things unfold.) But where do I put the FreakAuth files supplied under system/language and system/helpers for example? Do they belong under system/helpers or under a newly created application/helpers (etc)?[/quote]

The CI Loader library searches for files in system/language and application/language when looking for language files. The same is true for application/helpers/ and application/plugins/. If FAL was written correctly (I'm positive it is), there should be no problem if you create the new directories under application/.