CodeIgniter Forums
Netbeans 6.8 with symfony support - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Development & Programming (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Netbeans 6.8 with symfony support (/showthread.php?tid=25402)

Netbeans 6.8 with symfony support - El Forum - 12-10-2009

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
Hi Netbeans 6.8 lunched have some good features in it and one feature i like is PHP symfony freamwork support with code completion of symfony variables , is there any thing can be done for CI with netbeans have look on the netbeans video tutorial

http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/symfony-screencast.html

Netbeans 6.8 with symfony support - El Forum - 12-10-2009

[eluser]Cro_Crx[/eluser]
hehe, he said "cash" instead of "cache"

The tutorial demonstrates how the new Netbeans Integrates with Symfony's command line tool, CodeIgniter obviously doesn't have such a tool so there's no point on having CodeIgniter support.

The only benefit you might get would be code completion, although Netbeans currently partially supports code completion for CodeIgniter, there's some guides online on how to set this up.

Netbeans 6.8 with symfony support - El Forum - 12-16-2009

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I tried to use Netbeans 6.8 and had to go back to 6.7.1 because they screwed up code folding something fierce. I refuse to do without the code folding feature, and now when you turn on code folding and to collapse "methods", it collapses everything - even many if() and foreach() loops, making code an unreadable mess of hidden folds that look like : {...} (doesn't even show the first line)

Was quite disappointed, just glad their install routine of a new version doesn't hurt the previous one Sad

I would like all the major IDEs to catch up with the common usage of frameworks and improving intellisense and code completion features without further adjustments.

Netbeans 6.8 with symfony support - El Forum - 12-17-2009

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
I went to watch that screencast when I immediately recognized I had suffered through it before. That guy has the most annoying voice in the entire world. They would have been better off using text-to-speech (which is exactly how he sounds only more annoying!)

[eluser]Cro_Crx[/eluser]
I've been using it for about a week now and it seems rather good. 6.7.1 seemed to crash on the odd occasion which 6.8 hasn't done yet. The new version seems a bit quicker as well.

I created some CI templates as well to easily create a new controller/model/ DMZ model. They are very small and simple but save you a few seconds here and there. I was gonna release them when I started screencasting. If anyone wants though, just let me know and I'll send you a copy. There quite small so I could put them into a post.

yes NetBeans 6.8 i quite better than previous versions and code completion is quite faster

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="Cro_Crx" date="1261053452"]
I created some CI templates as well to easily create a new controller/model/ DMZ model. They are very small and simple but save you a few seconds here and there. I was gonna release them when I started screencasting. If anyone wants though, just let me know and I'll send you a copy. There quite small so I could put them into a post.[/quote]
Me, me, me!

I made templates once, then I lost them somehow when I upgraded from 6.5 to 6.7 and haven't bothered making them since half my code is auto-generated, and the other half is copy-pasted from other code. (yes my job mainly consists of copying stuff from one file to another: I would propose the term programmer to be replaced by 'copier'.)

Anyway I haven't upgraded yet since I'm waiting for my new work PC to arrive which will have a shiny fresh LAMP installation including the new Netbeans.

Hi @Cro_Crx can you share these templates so every body can use who are using netbeans.