CodeIgniter Forums
SiteManagr - A simple open source CMS - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: SiteManagr - A simple open source CMS (/showthread.php?tid=25533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

SiteManagr - A simple open source CMS - El Forum - 12-15-2009

[eluser]Dan King[/eluser]
For quite a while I've been developing and using this content management system to power the websites I've built. I began building it several years ago before I ever heard the term CMS. It started out as a single PHP script using SQLite to store data, which quickly became messy and inefficient. I then broke it up into several scripts and moved to MySQL, and most recently re-developed it on CodeIgniter. It's finally to the point where it has become a very capable CMS with lots of features:

Events Manage past and future events with an AJAX powered calendar. Event categories and category colors.

Posts Power your blog with this CMS. Featuring management of post categories (multi-level), tags, user comments. Even includes Twitter integration with Bit.ly URL's!

Links View and edit your web links and URL's all in one place. Attach an image and category.

Photos Upload and share photos. Photo's are automatically resized and thumbnails are created when uploading. Assign tags and categories to photos.

Media Upload and share any type of media, documents, files etc.

E-Commerce Power your e-store, with item management, details, photos, categories (multi-level), sizes etc.

Email Send email newsletters out to your users. Keep track of users emails.

Analytics Monitor the traffic your site receives with flash-powered charts and graphs.

Users Manage users that are allowed to access and use the CMS. Assign security roles and attach an image to each user.

This is not an exhaustive list of features, just an overview. The CMS was designed as something I (as a developer) could setup and install for clients, so there is no support for themes.

Right now I'm tentatively calling it "SiteManagr", but if anyone can come up with anything better I'm open to suggestions.

For more info and some screenshots of the admin section check out the blog post. I will put the source files, and database schema along with some install instructions into a zip later tonight for anyone who is interested in downloading this or helping out with development!

[eluser]djenniex[/eluser]
Great looking CMS. Very Clean and organized. If you're looking for anyone to help test or debug anything, I'm available.

DAVE

Thanks Dave, I'm sure I'll need some help here pretty soon!

I've setup a demo of the CMS online HERE. You can login with the following credentials:
user: admin
pass: 1234

Also the source is available for download:
SiteManagr-Install.zip (1.26MB)

It comes bundled with CodeIgniter 1.7.2 and some quick install instructions along with a database script to setup the tables and default data.

I'll put together a download that is just the application files, not a whole CI install shortly. I'll also see if I can get a list of the bugs and start working on those. But give it a test drive and let me know what you think!

[eluser]ardinotow[/eluser]
Looks great. I'll try it

SiteManagr - A simple open source CMS - El Forum - 12-16-2009

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Very jealous of your interface. PyroCMS is still one ugly bugger!

When I clicked on the Analytic tab after a little while I got "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly... Do you want to abort the script?".

I am at work and behind a proxy so that could well be the cause, but that should be checked out if you can.

Also, you are going to find this really difficult to manage going forwards if you have code like this in each of your constructors:

Code:
//check for login
        if(!$this->Auth_model->loggedIn())
            redirect('admin/auth');
        //check for access level
        if($this->session->userdata('admin') < 10)
                redirect('admin/calendar');

That sort of thing can easily be added into MY_Controller to keep it in one place.

Oh god, are you passing query strings to your models?!

Code:
$data['row'] = $this->Pages_model->getPages("id=$id&published=0")->first_row('array');

Why would you do that?

[eluser]djenniex[/eluser]
[quote author="dannyk6" date="1260954409"]Thanks Dave, I'm sure I'll need some help here pretty soon!

I've setup a demo of the CMS online HERE. You can login with the following credentials:
user: admin
pass: 1234

Also the source is available for download:
SiteManagr-Install.zip (1.26MB)

It comes bundled with CodeIgniter 1.7.2 and some quick install instructions along with a database script to setup the tables and default data.

I'll put together a download that is just the application files, not a whole CI install shortly. I'll also see if I can get a list of the bugs and start working on those. But give it a test drive and let me know what you think![/quote]

Thanks for the update. I'll take a look at it today, and let you know what I find. Do you have a ticket system? May I suggest Github if you don't have one? It would be easy to manage all the tickets, plus you can authorize people to make changes to fix bugs.

Dave

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1261002841"]Oh god, are you passing query strings to your models?!

Code:
$data['row'] = $this->Pages_model->getPages("id=$id&published=0")->first_row('array');

Why would you do that?[/quote]

The getPages() function is setup to accept an array, or a string which is then exploded into an array. So, instead of a query string you could do the following

Code:
$data['row'] = $this->Pages_model->getPages(array('id'=>$id,'published'=>0))->first_row('array');

I just used the query string in some instances because it's less typing :]

Also, the issue on the Analytics tab has been resolved, there was no data, which was causing a problem. And thanks for the tip about using MY_Controller, I'll definitely do that.

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
I see you borrowed ideas from Wordpress for the way you do some things Tongue

You don't need to type echo in front of redirect.