CodeIgniter Forums
PyroCMS v0.9.9 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: PyroCMS v0.9.9 (/showthread.php?tid=25699)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

PyroCMS v0.9.9 - El Forum - 02-16-2010

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="hugle" date="1266282753"]Hello Phil

I have just downloaded -beta3 for testings.
I really like introduced drag-n-drop navi, and 'ajax url creation' Smile navigation module itself became 100times betterSmile
and 404 page, returning ' server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found' is really good Smile

isn't and admin panel a bit faster without ajaxify..? Smile I think we are getting closer to 1.0 Smile

Dashboard still shows Version: 0.9.8-beta2.. but as far as I understood, it's -beta3 anyways.

1) Strange, but now the comments are awaiting for moderation, and not accepted automatically...

2) In gallery, when I make a gallery, and want to make a child of this gallery, I can't see the first galler yin the list...

And a question, about languages... How do I switch to spanish translation of a site?
I somehow can't figure out Sad

and as for '“PyroCMS Extras” '- +1 for this.[/quote]

Comments are now using a setting option for moderation, which defaults to true. The idea behind this is that without moderation they are relatively unprotected until they add in an Akismet key, although we do have SOME rudimentary robot checking in place.

Photo album has had another update, should all be working lots better now along with a few extra updates.

Spanish can be detected by the browser or set by ?lang=es.

[quote author="ray73864" date="1266329831"]ok, it turns out i had the 'AllowOverride' directive not set up correctly. once i told it that the .htaccess can override 'All', it all started working fine again.

maybe that would be something to put in the documentation, or in the 'INSTALL' file, it wasn't until i tried to put it in 'http://www.rayherring.net/~ray73864/' where it also didn't work (came up with a configuration error), that the logfile actually said what was wrong.

strange thing was that the apache error logfile didn't mention anything about a misconfiguration when it was under /var/www/test.[/quote]

Glad to see you got it working. Sorry I wasn;t any help, but I was nowhere near a machine. :-)

PyroCMS v0.9.9 - El Forum - 02-16-2010

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
Is there any chance, that you include for example this:

mywebsite.com/ - uses default language
mywebsite.com/pl/ - switches to Polish language, etc. and starts using polish language files, or smth like that.

Or maybe you can point me to the directions? thank you!

PyroCMS v0.9.9 - El Forum - 02-24-2010

[eluser]Sarre[/eluser]
Hi,

I've been playing around with it for an hour, and it's really cool!

A quick and dirty hack for the languages is this:
In the controllers application/controllers folder (where you have admin.php and ajax.php), add a file "lang.php":
Code:
<?php
class Lang extends Controller
{
    function index()
    {
        $_SESSION['lang_code'] = 'en';
        redirect('/');
    }

function swap()
    {
        $_SESSION['lang_code'] = $this->uri->segment(1);
        redirect('/');
    }
}
After changing language, you will always be redirected to the homepage.

Then edit config/routes/php:
Code:
For each language, add the shortcut:

$route['fr'] = "lang/swap/fr";
$route['en'] = "lang/swap/en";
$route['pl'] = "lang/swap/pl";

This may very well be improved, but it's been a while since I "codeignited" :-)

Greetz

PyroCMS v0.9.9 - El Forum - 02-25-2010

Right now you can just set ?lang=fr to set it to French. It works nicely with a dropdown select box as a get variable, and means you can have the current page as the form item.

Meaning it self-submits to the new language version! :-)

PyroCMS v0.9.9 - El Forum - 03-01-2010

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
Phil, Great work on Pyro. I'm playing with it now to try to get IgniteYourCode.com back up and running and liking what I see so far.

Quick question, though. On the front page of the old site, I had only the first blog post listed. Is there a template code, or any other way, to pull custom module calls out? Something along the lines of:

{module{blog: max_post=1 sort_by=recent summary=false}}

This is my first experience with Dwoo, so forgive the hackish tag Smile

I noticed in the Issue Tracker you guys were working on a widget system, is this a possible way I can do it?

Thanks!

[quote author="kilishan" date="1267473357"]Phil, Great work on Pyro. I'm playing with it now to try to get IgniteYourCode.com back up and running and liking what I see so far.

Quick question, though. On the front page of the old site, I had only the first blog post listed. Is there a template code, or any other way, to pull custom module calls out? Something along the lines of:

{module{blog: max_post=1 sort_by=recent summary=false}}

This is my first experience with Dwoo, so forgive the hackish tag Smile

I noticed in the Issue Tracker you guys were working on a widget system, is this a possible way I can do it?

Thanks![/quote]

The news page should pull out however many items are defined in the "Per Page" setting in the Settings module. We try avoid crazy EE style syntax in views and whatnot.

Try grabbing the most recent copy of the GitHub master, I fixed a few bugs in the news feed the other day.

Yorick was working on widgets a little while ago but his attempts were half-baked and half-done. They have since been removed, and until I find more free time they will be on the "to-do" list.

Glad to hear you are giving PyroCMS a try, having your site running it would be an awesome +1 for the project. Let me know if you need any help or have any suggestions.

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
Thanks for the fast reply. I understand not wanting the EE-style syntax. However, as I'm taking a few moments to run the system through it's paces, in it's current state I'm a little stumped by how to make it more flexible. For example, on a couple of sites that I have planned (and am trying to find a CMS I really want to use) I would want things like recent posts in the footer, or be able to integrate those in a sidebar, etc. I don't see how to do that currently. Am I just missing something?

Also, one of the projects will be dealing with music and I'll need to be able to parse the pages to convert it from ChordPro format (a simple text representation of lyrics and guitar chords) into something nice to display on the site. Would I be able to easily create a filter or parser for the pages?

Thanks

Until we have widgets, you would do it the same way you do in any other CodeIgniter application, albeit a little dirty as you need to load models in the views.

I normally create a "fragment" or "partial" and load the model and foreach through it in there. As I said with a widget system in place this would be much neater.

As for the ChordPro format stuff I have no idea what you are talking about lol.

Also remember you have full access to the CI super-gobal via {$ci->foo->bar('param')} :-)

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
I use wiredesignz widgets system for all my sites now, easy to work with, some minor modifications required to the view files each time you want to show a certain widget on a page, but i would imagine with some more work it could go nicely with pyrocms.

If PyroCMS was to have fragments (it might already have them, i'm not sure), then you could define a fragment (which gets stored in the DB against that page) which says, this fragment contains info for this widget which appears in this location on this page.

PyroCMS v0.9.9 - El Forum - 03-02-2010

Yeah the Widget plan has been in place for ages it's simply a case of implementing it.

Wiredesignz widget library is a good bit of code but sadly not relevent to the sort of widgets pyrocms needs. I'm working on a library that supports plug n play widgets, widget areas and stores data in a "widget_instances" table. The widgets will be dragged and dropped into the widget areas and be sortable too.

Not an easy feature at all, but it should rock pretty hard. :-)