CodeIgniter Forums
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 (/showthread.php?tid=27435)

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-06-2011

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
[quote author="DephNet[Paul]" date="1307384740"]
I have noticed that a default Ion Auth install uses $this->ion_auth->errors() which reads the language file for displaying the error in the correct language. How can I make use of $this->ion_auth->errors() within my script to call the correct error message from the language file.

Sorry if this is a noobish question, this is my first time using a pre written library for CI.

--Paul[/quote]
$this->ion_auth->errors() is a method used to obtain messages generated by the ion_auth library (application/libraries/ion_auth).

If you look in that file, you will see various bits of code like
Code:
$this->set_error('activate_unsuccessful');
which corresponds to the language file:
Code:
$lang['activate_unsuccessful'] = 'Unable to Activate Account';

Finally, all the messages are output via:
Code:
public function errors()
{
    $_output = '';
    foreach ($this->errors as $error)
    {
        $_output .= $this->error_start_delimiter . $this->ci->lang->line($error) . $this->error_end_delimiter;
    }

return $_output;
}

Long story short, if you want to output just a single message without using the lib, you can do something like:
Code:
$this->ci->lang->load('ion_auth');
echo $this->ci->lang->line('activate_unsuccessful');

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-07-2011

[eluser]austintbiggs[/eluser]
I'm trying to figure out how to add a "friends" feature to ion auth, have any clue how to approach this? and also I was wondering what the scope of Ion Auth 2 is, and also how extensible it will be, because I'm aiming to add friends and full profiles

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-07-2011

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
Just a quicky - does this library work with the latest version of CodeIgniter (currently v2.0.2)

Thanks - the library looks awesome Smile

[eluser]DephNet[Paul][/eluser]
Yes, it does.

--Paul

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
[quote author="DephNet[Paul]" date="1307511029"]Yes, it does.

--Paul[/quote]

Wow.. that was quick! Cheers Paul Big Grin

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-15-2011

[eluser]Abdelouahab[/eluser]
its work with oracle ?

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-15-2011

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
If you have a ported oracle (MariaDB, Cassandra, Mongo, or anything left in this world) active record that meet CI requirement & spec, yes.

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-16-2011

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello everyone,
I am new to codeigniter,
I used your code for login and create, its good but i could not work out with edit and also is there any function by which i can check the uniqueness of the identity field while editing.
Please guide me.

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-16-2011

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
supports ion auth multiple groups per user?

cusaro

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2 - El Forum - 06-20-2011

[eluser]adityamenon[/eluser]
Hi, can anyone please confirm if the new Ion Auth Spark (https://github.com/benedmunds/CodeIgniter-Spark-Ion-Auth) is better than Ion Auth, and stable to use in production with CI 2.0.2? The README does not cover this question...

Also, there are zero issues reported for this project on GitHub, so does that mean there are absolutely no issues? Because I can see that Issue #63 which was reported on the original IonAuth (forgotten_password function in model still uses only $email and does not support $identity) has not been solved in Spark. So what is the purpose in creating this new version?

And finally, is Ben maintaining this project anymore? I sent a pull request that solves #63 in IonAuth yesterday, but it has not been merged yet. The changes I made are no more than a couple of lines that were moved, almost no new code has been added - so verifying it must be simple. I know I'm being extremely impatient with this question, but this is my first experience pushing something, and I'd be overjoyed to see a piece of me in an OS project. How does that have anything to do with Ben's interest level, you ask? Well, not checking in to your baby once every couple of days indicates waning interest, and Ben didn't make any changes since 24th last month...

Sorry about the long post.