CodeIgniter Forums
Best IDE for CI - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived General Discussion (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Best IDE for CI (/showthread.php?tid=29352)

Pages: 1 2 3

Best IDE for CI - El Forum - 04-07-2010

[eluser]davidino86[/eluser]
Hi,

i'd like to know if exists a IDE with the support for CI or the best php IDE for CI.

thanks in advance!

[eluser]Bart v B[/eluser]
Depence what you realy looking in a php ide.
anyway..

You can try Zend Studio.
If you work on a local machine then you have the full support of auto completion.
What i use is E-text editor. A Textmate look a like(for the mac).
Its just an text editor but there is an plugin to make it easy to work with.

The plugin

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
If you have a 'decent' computer, try Netbeans.

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Hmm, didn't I read this question last week? And the week before? And the week before? I guess the week before that aswell...

Guys, we have a novelty funcion at this forum it is called.... Search!

Yes really! The forum has a Search option!
And guess what is does? It searches.... through the forum, can you imagine? If you type in 'IDE' or 'editor' you get a list of all items related. How rare...

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="rogierb" date="1270650265"]Guys, we have a novelty funcion at this forum it is called.... Search!

Yes really! The forum has a Search option!
And guess what is does? It searches.... through the forum, can you imagine? If you type in 'IDE' or 'editor' you get a list of all items related. How rare...[/quote]

Are you f**king kidding me? When did we get that?!!?!11

[eluser]Bart v B[/eluser]
Guy's can it be a little politer here.. :gulp:

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Phil just gets outraged when he finds out there are new features...

InsiteFX

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
[quote author="n0xie" date="1270649896"]If you have a 'decent' computer, try Netbeans.[/quote]

Hell, you dont even need a decent computer for that Smile Last summer I was bored and installed Netbeans on my Asus Eee 900(and I mean the first ones on the market.. with 900Mhz processor.. 4Gb SSD ... annoying keyboard and too tiny resolution Smile ) with Netbook remix installed(basically ubuntu). Worked like a charm and no slowdowns at all. I managed to code new Postfix admin-like app for our company with that piece of s***! :-)

[eluser]jiffier[/eluser]
Indeed Netbeans is the best thing available at the moment. I'm having some issues though with remote ftp support, specially when downloading big projects. Eclipse is also a good option, but remote filesystem support just sucks and it's not even usable.
About E-Texteditor/Textmate, I've never understood the hype. They are as useful as notepad to me, to be honest Smile

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="jiffier" date="1270670628"]Indeed Netbeans is the best thing available at the moment. I'm having some issues though with remote ftp support, specially when downloading big projects. Eclipse is also a good option, but remote filesystem support just sucks and it's not even usable.
About E-Texteditor/Textmate, I've never understood the hype. They are as useful as notepad to me, to be honest Smile[/quote]
Can't you mount the remote location and then just use Netbeans to edit?