CodeIgniter Forums
intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Development & Programming (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." (/showthread.php?tid=33554)

Pages: 1 2

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 10-10-2010

[eluser]Wayne Smallman[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1286469736"]Check the application/config/user_agents.php file

Your version of chrome may not be in there.[/quote]Hi!

There's no mention of any browser versions in the file you mention, only browser names.

Also, I'm now having the same problem with Safari.

Clearing the cache seems to stop it at that moment, but then it comes back.

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 10-11-2010

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
You could try this:
Code:
redirect('/controller/method/', 'refresh');

If it will not work try this:
Code:
$this->output->set_header("HTTP/1.0 200 OK");
$this->output->set_header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK");
$this->output->set_header('Last-Modified: '.gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', $last_update).' GMT');
$this->output->set_header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
$this->output->set_header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0");
$this->output->set_header("Pragma: no-cache");

See output library.

InsiteFX

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 10-11-2010

[eluser]rundmc[/eluser]
I just started seeing this problem today as well. Where it errors out it's saying that the $config array is empty (line 187 of the codeigniter/Common.php file) and the path to the $config file is correct (or else I would always see the error). Problem exists for both Firefox and Safari for me. I can hit refresh a number of times, before it errors. I'm on a mac and have both PHP 5.3 and 5.2 (via MAMP). The 5.2 version on MAMP doesn't seem to be a problem and it seems to maybe something with PHP 5.3 or perhaps the Apache instance. I restarted my Apache instance (on the Mac I went to system prefs, and toggled on the Web sharing) and so far I haven't seen that issue again... strange.

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 10-16-2010

[eluser]ManOfTheHour[/eluser]
still seeing this intermittently.
Environment: Mac, Firefox , php 5.3

Is there anybody with deep deep knowledge about php etc. that could shed some light on this?

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 11-02-2010

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have also just started to see this today using Firefox on a Mac. I've been working on this project for some time, never had the problem until today. It seems very random. I can't figure out what triggers it at all.

UPDATE:
For the record, I just tried restarting Apache and it seems to have cleared the issue for now.

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 11-02-2010

[eluser]rundmc[/eluser]
I havent been able to pinpoint it yet either but a server restart usually fixes the problem (for a while at least).

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 01-18-2011

[eluser]Wayne Smallman[/eluser]
After not having this problem since the last time I posted here on the 10th October last year, it's started again!

This is so deeply annoying because I really can't do any meaningful work until whatever the hell is causing this dies down again.

intermittent error "Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly." - El Forum - 05-03-2011

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
From my experience on this issue, config.php or any files within /application/config has nothing to do with this error.

Instead this error could have been the result of accidental manipulation of $config variable in its scope. I was able to fix this error by reverting the file of /system/core/Common.php to its original version 2.0 state.

You might also need to check if you have created your own $config variable on runtime. =)

Best of luck!