CodeIgniter Forums
How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: Archived Development & Programming (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 (/thread-36673.html)

Pages: 1 2

How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 - El Forum - 12-10-2010

[eluser]Ki[/eluser]
Hello all CI fellas. I have spent considerable amount of time over the last few months trying to marry Facebook's new API and Codeigniter. And although I first thought that the marriage was made in hell, I soon realized it is easier then I thought.

Fruits of my labor are here:

Codeigniter 2.0 and Facebook API - HOW TO GUIDE

How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 - El Forum - 12-10-2010

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
Great work, i was looking for something similar.
I haven't tried facebook before, in any version etc .

How about the oauth thing, can u explain it, since you spent time with fb api ?

[eluser]Ki[/eluser]
What OAuth thing are you talking about and what clarifications are you looking for? I work with OAuth PEAR library mostly, but given the simplicity of today's API's in-depth knowledge is not required.

I sound like a noob because as i said, i don't have experience using the fb api.
But as far as i know, to connect to facebook and get the data for a certain user, you would need to use oauth in order to do that, isn't this true anymore ?

For example, if i would like to get extended permissions from a user, let's say, to find out his school and birth date, can i achieve it with your examples ?

[eluser]Ki[/eluser]
Yes you can.
By using Facebook tags like:
<fb:login-button perms="publish_stream"> </fb:login-button>
You can request extended permissions, such as publish in the example above.

okay, this is good news as i will use it in a few days for one of the clients.
thanks for sharing Smile

How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 - El Forum - 02-03-2011

[eluser]extra_rice[/eluser]
wow... just a piece of unsolicited advice... maybe you can add to the title or post that this "LIBRARY/PLUGIN" has yet to be released... just misleading bro (for the hits maybe)... just saying...

How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 - El Forum - 02-04-2011

[eluser]Ki[/eluser]
Thanks for the advice. But the guide does exactly what title says - describes how to integrate Facebook into your CI site. The release of Auth Library has nothing to do with this post or FB integration.

How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 - El Forum - 03-18-2011

[eluser]imamiscool[/eluser]
Thank you man, thank for sharing..

I will use this to rewrite my code to avoid unnecessary bugs..
Smile

How to integrate (NEW) Facebook API into Codeigniter 2.0 - El Forum - 03-30-2011

[eluser]SPeed_FANat1c[/eluser]
this will not work with CI 1.7.3 probably? I'll have to upgrade the site?