CodeIgniter Forums
Announcing Bonfire - A jumpstart for your web apps - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Announcing Bonfire - A jumpstart for your web apps (/showthread.php?tid=40089)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Announcing Bonfire - A jumpstart for your web apps - El Forum - 04-15-2011

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
[quote author="Ruud Jonk" date="1302641718"]Hello Lonnie,

We can now give the database prefix on install, but the old bf_ prefix is still used in a file:

Code:
A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1146

Table 'database.bf_users' doesn't exist

SELECT role_name, COUNT(1) as count FROM bf_users, bf_roles WHERE bf_users.role_id = bf_roles.role_id GROUP BY bf_users.role_id

Filename: /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/core_modules/users/models/user_model.php

Line Number: 114
[/quote]

You might have already fixed this now, but change the beginning part of this function to:

Code:
$prefix = $this->db->dbprefix;

$sql = "SELECT role_name, COUNT(1) as count
                FROM {$prefix}users, {$prefix}roles
                WHERE {$prefix}users.role_id = {$prefix}roles.role_id
                GROUP BY {$prefix}users.role_id";

It has been fixed in the latest develop branch.

From now on, could you do me a favor and report errors like this in the issue tracker at GitHub? That will help me keep track of things better. Thanks!

@ac1drain Did you get this figured out? Were there any changes needed to Bonfire? It almost sounded like part of the database roles hadn't been inserted properly during install, but not sure.

[eluser]Ruud Jonk[/eluser]
Hello Lonnie,

I'll do that from now on. I'm still looking into codeigniter an bonfire so when I find some bugs I will report them on github.

[eluser]dpgtfc[/eluser]
Great application!

This is so very trivial, but the admin needs a link to the home page, just for ease of sake (maybe I've spent too much time with WordPress). I tried to add one in the H1 tag, but it made the link disappear and I couldn't for the life of me get it to show up with styles.

Any plans on adding one for those of us that are CSS-challenged?

[quote author="dpgtfc" date="1302915929"]Great application!

This is so very trivial, but the admin needs a link to the home page, just for ease of sake (maybe I've spent too much time with WordPress). I tried to add one in the H1 tag, but it made the link disappear and I couldn't for the life of me get it to show up with styles.

Any plans on adding one for those of us that are CSS-challenged?[/quote]

Thanks!

You know, I think I tried that as I was pushing to get 0.1 out the door and ran into the same thing. Didn't take the time to figure out what was going on at the time. Will fix that, though.

Update: This is fixed in the latest push to the develop branch. ( https://github.com/ci-bonfire/Bonfire/tree/develop )

[eluser]dpgtfc[/eluser]
Awesome, thanks!

By the way, boneheaded question.

I've been trying to figure out how to do something like below in the template:

Code:
if($this->auth->is_logged_in()){
      // display admin link (if admin) and logout link

}else{
      // display login link
   }

In your backend views you call $this->auth->restrict(), and I've tried to use the
"is_logged_in" function of the auth library but it doesn't seem to be auto-loaded for the basic homepage. Any ideas on how to get around this? I'm currently working on it, and will let you know if I find out a solution. Thanks!

Announcing Bonfire - A jumpstart for your web apps - El Forum - 04-16-2011

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi I am trying to install bonfire outside of my public_html folder but I get an erorr telling me

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to find theme layout: index

I have set the correct paths in index.php to /home/userid/bonfire/application

is there another url link I need to update

thanks

M

Announcing Bonfire - A jumpstart for your web apps - El Forum - 04-17-2011

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
[quote author="kilishan" date="1302895430"]@basketcase - Sorry I missed your post, but it looks like you got it working. That's great. Did you need to alter anything in Bonfire to make it work?[/quote]
What did you see working? If you see a bunch of frames of men's suits that's from a backup of earlier work before Bonfire (handled by my host). No. I never got it to work. My host even tried it and we were both scratching our heads. We were getting odd results every time we tried to run the installer and I just had the company delete and replace my entire site with the backups from April 5th. I could sporadically get Bonfire to connect to the database on the first screen of install, the next one wrote to the files correctly, but when Bonfire tried connecting to the DB to create the tables it started having connection errors. Tried to go back and start the installer again, but then it would not recognize the connection data for the connection test that had worked previously. VERY VERY odd.

[quote author="dpgtfc" date="1302919831"]
In your backend views you call $this->auth->restrict(), and I've tried to use the
"is_logged_in" function of the auth library but it doesn't seem to be auto-loaded for the basic homepage. Any ideas on how to get around this? I'm currently working on it, and will let you know if I find out a solution. Thanks![/quote]

You're right. With a default install, auth is not loaded for the front-end theme. To load auth, edit application/core/MY_Controller.php to load the required libraries in the Front_Controller class. You might also load it to the Base_Controller class, since it sounds like it is something that will be loaded site-wide for your application. But don't do it both places, that's would just create unnecessary double-loading. Smile

[quote author="MikeJS" date="1302965266"]Hi I am trying to install bonfire outside of my public_html folder but I get an erorr telling me

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to find theme layout: index

I have set the correct paths in index.php to /home/userid/bonfire/application

is there another url link I need to update

thanks

M[/quote]

It sounds like it's the Template class complaining here, so open your application/config/application.php file and adjust your 'template.site_path' and 'template.theme_paths' settings to match your environment.