CodeIgniter Forums
Dear EllisLab team - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived General Discussion (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Dear EllisLab team (/showthread.php?tid=4847)

Pages: 1 2

Dear EllisLab team - El Forum - 12-19-2007

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Dear EllisLab team,

I want to express my gratitude for developing CodeIgniter. You have made my PHP life so much easier and fun. I've been working with CI for a few months now and the more I use it, the more I love its flexibility. Because of CI I can get stuff done in a very, very short time. I thank you for that. You guys rock!

I would also like to thank the guys (and girls) on the forum. I've been on a few coding forums before but this is the first forum I really feel welcome at. At some of these forums people react very arrogant and they make you feel bad for asking (in their eyes) stupid questions. I always get a great response here and it's always a pleasure to return. So big up to you too!

Gav

[eluser]marlar[/eluser]
I agree very much, although I have only used CI for a very short time. I am still in the phase where I am constantly scratching my head, trying to do what I could do in plain PHP in minutes, but that is how learning is, and I really like CI.

And your are so right about this forum. People here are not only helpful and competent, they are also very friendly. Not like in so many other forums and especially on usenet.

I truly enjoy being around here!

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="marlar" date="1198116160"]I agree very much, although I have only used CI for a very short time. I am still in the phase where I am constantly scratching my head, trying to do what I could do in plain PHP in minutes, but that is how learning is, and I really like CI.

And your are so right about this forum. People here are not only helpful and competent, they are also very friendly. Not like in so many other forums and especially on usenet.

I truly enjoy being around here![/quote]

In the beginning there were lots of times I was about to give up on CI because I didn't know how to solve stuff the CI way that were fairly easy doing it with plain old PHP. Glad I didn't! Once you get the hang of it it's sooo easy. I couldn't imagine going back to the old way. That would totally suck and take the fun out of coding. Smile

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
What a great post. Thanks. I felt exactly the same way when I joined the community, and not that I'm in a position to, I try to give back as much as I can.

[eluser]ejangi[/eluser]
Yes, I share the sentiment of this post also! Good on you EllisLab team and congrats to the entire community for keeping your heads and helping everyone out - I know I've appreciated it! Big Grin

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
I'm certainly proud to be a part of this community. Great people, great code, what else could you ask for?

[eluser]JamesD[/eluser]
Ditto!

I concur with all those that have concurred... Thanks EllisLab, awesome work! :cheese:

Respectfully,
JamesD

P.S.
Thanks for Mr Cheese too ( :cheese: )

Dear EllisLab team - El Forum - 12-20-2007

[eluser]maadmac[/eluser]
Ditto for me, too. EllisLab = folks who work hard so I don't have to! Just kidding. Well, not about you guys working hard... Derek, please be sure to tell the dev team how much we appreciate them. And kudos to codex for starting this thread; he's a classy fellow.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
I completely agree. I've tried to jump back into plain old PHP before... it just doesn't work for me any longer. CI is the only thing that keeps it fun (and profitable) for me.

[eluser]m9dfukc[/eluser]
yeah, reading this post and thinking about the last 1 1/2 years I'm realizing that most of the php work I did in this period was made with codeigniter.

much thanks to ellislab for this wonderful framework and much thanks to the community for the great help i got.