CodeIgniter Forums
How to create multiple image copies with image resize(height and width) in single image upload - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Development & Programming (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How to create multiple image copies with image resize(height and width) in single image upload (/showthread.php?tid=48926)

How to create multiple image copies with image resize(height and width) in single image upload - El Forum - 02-02-2012

[eluser]Was[/eluser]
Hello friend,

i want to create multiple image copies with image resize including height and width (in proportion) in a single image upload, can any one guide me how to do this in CI ?

Thanks,
Was

How to create multiple image copies with image resize(height and width) in single image upload - El Forum - 02-02-2012

[eluser]Bruno França[/eluser]
You can make auxiliar functions in your controller that initialize the image manipulation functions every time that it's called...
See this:
Code:
class MyClass extends CI_Controller
{
  /* Your code */

/* Image watermark */
  function _img_watermark($imagem)
  {
   $config_wtm = array();
   $config_wtm['image_library']  = 'gd2';
   $config_wtm['source_image']  = $imagem;
   $config_wtm['wm_type']    = 'overlay';
   $config_wtm['wm_vrt_alignment'] = 'bottom';
   $config_wtm['wm_hor_alignment'] = 'right';
   $config_wtm['wm_hor_offset']  = 20;
   $config_wtm['wm_vrt_offset']  = 20;
   $config_wtm['wm_x_transp']   = 1;
   $config_wtm['wm_y_transp']   = 1;
   $config_wtm['wm_overlay_path']  = $this->config->item('arquivos_pasta') . $this->config->item('marcadagua');;
   $this->image_lib->initialize($config_wtm);
   if ( ! $this->image_lib->watermark())
   {
    return $this->_errors = $this->image_lib->display_errors('<div class="message error"><p>', '</p></div>');
   }
   $this->image_lib->clear();
   return TRUE;
  }

/* Image Thumb */
  function _img_thumb($imagem)
  {
   $config_thumb['image_library']  = 'gd2';
   $config_thumb['source_image']  = $imagem;
   $config_thumb['maintain_ratio'] = true;
   $config_thumb['width']    = $this->config->item('thumb_largura');
   $config_thumb['height']   = $this->config->item('thumb_altura');
   $this->image_lib->initialize($config_thumb);
   if ( ! $this->image_lib->resize())
   {
    return $this->_errors = $this->image_lib->display_errors('<div class="message error"><p>', '</p></div>');
   }
   $this->image_lib->clear();
   return TRUE;
  }
}

And... In your controller action, you can use that functions many times as you want. For example:

Code:
/* After image upload */
if ($this->_img_resize($uploaded_image1)) log_message('debug', ' -- Redimensionada');
if ($this->_img_resize($uploaded_image2)) log_message('debug', ' -- Redimensionada');
if ($this->_img_watermark($uploaded_image1)) log_message('debug', ' -- Marca dagua inserida');

I hope this helps.

[eluser]Was[/eluser]
Thanks Bruno for the reply,

got what i need,but is there any way to do without calling the function again and again means in one time call function ?

Was

[eluser]Bruno França[/eluser]
If your image copies has the same size, you can use just a loop with the imagem library... you not need the functions above.

If your images has diferent sizes, I think that you need to initialize the image library always that you process an image... In this case, the use of the functions is more efficient.

[eluser]Was[/eluser]
Thanks Bruno,

got it and i have all the different sizes to resize.

Was