CodeIgniter Forums
I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Using CodeIgniter (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Help (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? (/showthread.php?tid=62711)

I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - solidcodes - 08-18-2015

Hi guys,

this is the error,
Code:
Message: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\ci\ci3-community-auth\application\third_party/community_auth/core/Auth_Controller.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I'm using windows 8.0
And xampp

How to fix this?

thank in advance.

RE: I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - skunkbad - 08-18-2015

Does the path make sense for your CodeIgniter / Community Auth installation, and does the file exist in the specified location?

RE: I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - solidcodes - 08-18-2015

the file exist.but not sure about the path.
it has slash and back-slash.
should I remove APPATH and replace it with baseurl() ?

RE: I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - solidcodes - 08-18-2015

the file exist.
should i replace APPATH with baseurl?

RE: I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - mwhitney - 08-18-2015

In most cases, PHP will normalize the '/' to '\' for Windows file paths. The question is simply whether the file is in that location (C:\xampp\htdocs\ci\ci3-community-auth\application\third_party\community_auth\core\Auth_Controller.php).

base_url() should not be used in this context. You need a path on your filesystem, not a URL on your website.

RE: I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - skunkbad - 08-18-2015

If the file exists in the specified location, but if the slashes are messing it up, perhaps you can try wrapping the path location in PHP's realpath function. If that works I will update Community Auth with the change, but I doubt that's your problem. What happens if you debug the constant APPPATH? Is it really pointing to your application directory?

let me debug APPATH hold on...

@skunkbad

don't worry it works now.
I move/re-arrange the folder path.

It works now...

By the way brian how do I download the documentation.
I hope it can be downloaded or you can incorporate it just like codeigniter doc.

And thanks for your authetication dude.

@Brian

Are you also planning to make community-auth installable using composer?

RE: I'm trying to install community-auth and I have this error? - skunkbad - 08-20-2015

(08-18-2015, 10:12 PM)solidcodes Wrote: @skunkbad

don't worry it works now.
I move/re-arrange the folder path.

It works now...

By the way brian how do I download the documentation.
I hope it can be downloaded or you can incorporate it just like codeigniter doc.

And thanks for your authetication dude.

The documentation is not currently in a form that can be downloaded, and I have been so busy I have not been able to make such a thing available.

(08-18-2015, 10:14 PM)solidcodes Wrote: @Brian

Are you also planning to make community-auth installable using composer?

At this point I don't have a plan to make Community Auth installable using composer.