CodeIgniter Forums
Modulated Templated CMS system - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Modulated Templated CMS system (/showthread.php?tid=6613)

Pages: 1 2 3

Modulated Templated CMS system - El Forum - 03-17-2008

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I think you are better of creating a wiki page for your contribution because no one is going to read all your posts. There is no separation between what is the contribution and what is the documentation and hints.

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
@xwero - you are very correct about this. I will do this when I have time and stuff is more organized and commented. Thank you.

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
each template has a config file inside app/views/smarty/templates/CLIENT_1/config/theme.php
Code:
<?php  if (!defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed');
/*

THEME CONFIGURATION FILE

*/

//ARRAY : load these theme styles
$config['theme_css']=array(
'assets/css/cssEA.css',
'assets/css/lightbox.css'
);
//ARRAY : load these theme javascript files
$config['theme_js']=array(
'assets/js/prototype.js',
'assets/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects.js',
'assets/js/lightbox.js'
);
//STRING : show this many results per page
$config['page_size']="20";
//ARRAY : load these templates to for smarty
$config['template_layout']=array(
'head',
'foot',
'banner',
'left',
'content',
'right',
'sections',
'admin_head',
'admin_foot',
'admin_banner',
'admin_left',
'admin_content',
'admin_right',
'admin_login'
);

$config['template_pages']=array(
'front_page'=>'page',//front_page key creates this page as the index_tpl key compared inside tepmlate w/ current_action
'about',
'color_trends_2008',
'contact',
'portfolio',
'renovations',
'services',
'message_sent'
);

$config['template_admin']=array(
'admin/manage_page',
'admin/pages',
'admin/sections',
'admin/templates',
'admin/account'
);

$config['template_images_dir']='assets/images/';
$config['template_swf_dir']='assets/swf/';
$config['template_pdf_dir']='assets/pdf/';
ENJOY! Smile

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Dude why are you pasting all your code here. This is very hard to follow. Why not just attach the files, and then briefly explain whats going on.

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
[quote author="louis w" date="1205790326"]Dude why are you pasting all your code here. This is very hard to follow. Why not just attach the files, and then briefly explain whats going on.[/quote]
okay, your right. sorry. I guess I was trying to get it started. I'll make a lib on the wiki.

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
there's a lib available at teh wiki:

http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Smarty_HMVC_Environment_Variables_Lib/

I have two things to say right quick, This lib is far from finished and it's all in the technique, I've included some POC code in this lib let's see if anyone can find it.

Modulated Templated CMS system - El Forum - 05-11-2008

[eluser]Auro[/eluser]
Hi, I have some trouble getting this working, also have some random thoughts.

1. examples here are little out of sync with these code on googlecode. I think it is worth to mention about this in the first post.

2. well ok, actually it works - but only partially - I can see your picture in the sample theme and nothing more (no css loaded, no header, footer, body - nothing). Also themes are named different (there is no blue/light theme....so you need to change that manually - I guesss you forgot to update the config/environ.php file)

3. most of the source code is somewhat hard to read (too many line spacesSmile. It s not really a problem, because we can use some php code beautifier.

4. I can't access sample admin module (via siteaddress.com/index.php/admin) - I'am getting blank page without errors

5. After all - maybe this is fault of my dev environment (windows xp) - I've created correct symlink (aka junction point - target is: d:\dev\ci\system\app\views\smarty\templates) you mentioned in INSTALL file, but with or without it everything behaves the same.

Besides that, after reading almost whole forum, I found your code could be the best way to start developing some scalable cms form the beginning (using ci).

please - can you review your examples on googlecode again?

thanks.

Modulated Templated CMS system - El Forum - 06-12-2008

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
I'm aware that it's out of sync. I've placed this project on a back burner due to it's complexity. I don't have time these days. Sorry. Smarty and Modular Extensions combined with environ makes this a beautiful work of art, with some bugs Smile When you see blank page try to debug it step by step with print_r() you will see a dump of all vars and see mismatched variable references from code.

Modulated Templated CMS system - El Forum - 07-24-2009

[eluser]ronnie_nsu[/eluser]
THANK YOU!