CodeIgniter Forums
Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: CodeIgniter 4 (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: CodeIgniter 4 Feature Requests (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application (/showthread.php?tid=66726)

Pages: 1 2 3

Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - rakeshkv - 11-25-2016

I have seen most of  the developers are not prefer the codeigniter for the enterprise application. I have created an enterprise application with codeigniter 3. Most of them prefer zend,laravel or symfony for the enterprise app.
Is codeigniter 4 supports the enterprise application or developing with that in the mind. I love codeigniter because of its simplicity and easy to use. I aslo worked with symfony. But I prefer codeignter if the projects depends on the time and the money. Symfony is also cool but not easy as codeigniter. 

For codeigniter developers Heart , if you like codeigniter for enterprise application,Please let us know what are the modules we needed, what are the third parties we needed for the enterprise app.

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - umarley.faria - 11-25-2016

(11-25-2016, 05:42 AM)[email protected] Wrote: I have seen most of  the developers are not prefer the codeigniter for the enterprise application. I have created an enterprise application with codeigniter 3. Most of them prefer zend,laravel or symfony for the enterprise app.
Is codeigniter 4 supports the enterprise application or developing with that in the mind. I love codeigniter because of its simplicity and easy to use. I aslo worked with symfony. But I prefer codeignter if the projects depends on the time and the money. Symfony is also cool but not easy as codeigniter. 

For codeigniter developers Heart , if you like codeigniter for enterprise application,Please let us know what are the modules we needed, what are the third parties we needed for the enterprise app.

Actually, I would very much like CodeIgniter 4 to come with the hmvc module, to work with modularization, I believe that alone would already help codeigniter be better diffused in the corporate market.

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - qury - 11-29-2016

Personally i think the biggest obstacle in enterprise deployment is the lack of built in user authentication.
While it is very easy to add ion auth to CI3 it is not integral part of the system

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - Narf - 11-29-2016

Before anything else, you should clarify what you mean by "enterprise" ... As far as I'm concerned it's just a buzzword.

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - sv3tli0 - 11-30-2016

When you say enterprise we are starting to talk for PAYED work..
I don't know who is paying CI staff team ...
At the same time a lot of people are using it.

The phrase "CodeIgniter 4 for Enterprise Application" means nothing..
Any enterprise app can use CI 4 if it's decided to without permissions. But CI is made for all ..

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - salain - 11-30-2016

I agree with Narf and sv3tli0

And to me, it sounds like you want to bundle CI with a few libraries, call it CodeIgniter 4 Enterprise and sell it. 
In my opinion this shows a serious lack of imagination and to a certain extent ethic.

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - Narf - 11-30-2016

(11-30-2016, 06:06 AM)salain Wrote: I agree with Narf and sv3tli0

It sounds like you want to bundle CI with a few libraries, call it CodeIgniter 4 Enterprise and sell it. 
In my opinion this shows a serious lack of imagination and to a certain extent ethic.

That's not what I meant.
I was genuinely expecting someone to explain what they mean by saying "enterprise".

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - rakeshkv - 11-30-2016

(11-29-2016, 11:32 AM)Narf Wrote: Before anything else, you should clarify what you mean by "enterprise" ... As far as I'm concerned it's just a buzzword.

here i talking about complex project. Or a bold project means it needs everything that need to construct the app. Most of the bigger companies dont prefer the codeigniter for complex project.
Now ci 4 becomes a full stack framework, why dont we push littleharder and make best for the complex app.

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - rakeshkv - 11-30-2016

here i talking about complex project. Or a bold project means it needs everything that need to construct the app. Most of the bigger companies dont prefer the codeigniter for complex project.
Now ci 4 becomes a full stack framework, why dont we push littleharder and make best for the complex app.

RE: Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application - Narf - 11-30-2016

(11-30-2016, 10:46 AM)[email protected] Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 11:32 AM)Narf Wrote: Before anything else, you should clarify what you mean by "enterprise" ... As far as I'm concerned it's just a buzzword.

Simplicity - perhaps CI's greatest strength - directly contradicts complexity.