CodeIgniter Forums
Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: CodeIgniter 4 (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: CodeIgniter 4 Addins (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 (/showthread.php?tid=73103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - Basic App - 03-19-2019

We are pleased to inform you about the release of the public version of the Basic App. The first version of the system implements the management of text pages and a simple blog. In the Basic App, the Cool Admin theme is integrated into site backend, and the public part is done with the Clean Blog theme. Themes in the system are placed in external Composer packages, you can easily change the design of the entire site without interfering with the system code. The system is made extensible, the classes in the system modules use the object-oriented programming inheritance, you can easily extend them with new functions.

[Image: screen_pages.png?raw=true]

Basic App GUI is multilingual, you can manage translations of the backend area interface through the web interface in the backend.

The basic version is configured to edit the text of the pages through the visual editor TinyMCE, the editing of site layout blocks is done with code highlighting through CodeMirror.

- Installation Instruction
  - Documentation

The system is distributed under the MIT licence, you can freely use it to create your own websites, including selling them to third parties, while maintaining the copyrights of the Basic App in the backend and in the code of the modules of system.

We are waiting for a backlash from you, your advice will help us to make the system better together.

Demo:
http://demo.basic-app.com/
http://demo.basic-app.com/admin
login: admin
password: admin

PS: Basic App Dev Team offers services for creating websites on the Basic App, integrating ready-made themes, and developing additional modules for the Basic App.

RE: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - MGatner - 03-22-2019

Looking through all this now - good stuff! I'm curious what compelled you to go with CoolAdmin as your template?

RE: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - titounnes - 03-22-2019

Nice share...

RE: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - Basic App - 03-23-2019

(03-22-2019, 09:33 AM)MGatner Wrote: Looking through all this now - good stuff! I'm curious what compelled you to go with CoolAdmin as your template?

Thank you for your appreciation! I chose CoolAdmin because I needed an easy template without a left-side menu, and for the user interface to be as compact as possible. For these requirements, the choice was small. I just liked this template.

The Basic App is made with support for themes not only for the main site, but also has support for themes in the backend, I hope in the future I will find time to integrate other templates into the system. And which admin template would you like to see in the Basic App?

(03-22-2019, 11:03 PM)titounnes Wrote: Nice share...

Thanks for the positive feedback.

RE: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - titounnes - 03-23-2019

(03-23-2019, 03:38 AM)Basic App Wrote:

I got error when running php spark install.
I have created an issue on your github.

thanks before...

(03-23-2019, 04:10 AM)titounnes Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 03:38 AM)Basic App Wrote:

I got error when running php spark install.
I have created an issue on your github.

thanks before...

Thanks. I fixed it.

RE: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - MGatner - 03-23-2019

(03-23-2019, 03:33 AM)Basic App Wrote: And which admin template would you like to see in the Basic App?

I'm looking for a new template, which is why I asked! Previously I've just reused my own I've coded but never shared, but I'd like to adopt some of the great features these other ones offer. I really like CoolAdmin (though I just learned about it from you) and was curious why that one over others. Thanks for the response!

RE: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - includebeer - 03-27-2019

Looks interesting! But do I really need to install composer, bower, node, npm... to install and use Basic App? I like simple things, and I like to be in control of what is installed in my web apps, thats why I love CodeIgniter. I find those package managers overkill and I don’t fully trust all the stuff they will end up installing. I guess I’m getting old. Sad

RE: Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4 - Basic App - 03-28-2019

(03-27-2019, 03:19 PM)includebeer Wrote: Looks interesting! But do I really need to install composer, bower, node, npm... to install and use Basic App? I like simple things, and I like to be in control of what is installed in my web apps, thats why I love CodeIgniter. I find those package managers overkill and I don’t fully trust all the stuff they will end up installing. I guess I’m getting old. Sad

Almost all modern web applications on PHP use Composer, try it, I think you will like it. I agree with you that installing Node is redundant. I uploaded client styles and scripts to Basic App main repository. Now you can not do "bower install".