CodeIgniter Forums
BackendPro 0.6.1 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: BackendPro 0.6.1 (/showthread.php?tid=7381)

BackendPro 0.6.1 - El Forum - 05-28-2009

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I haven't tested any language solutions with BackendPro, funny thing was BackendPro 0.1 did have language selection built in (I removed it for a reason). It worked what looks like in the same was as Language Selector 2 does.

But I can't help on a current selectors which works.

[eluser]timtom[/eluser]
Language selection in BEP is exactly what I'm currently working on. The road I'm taking is that a user will be able to set his language in his preferences (hence my question about the userid above).

I'm unhappy about the way all the language selection packages work because I don't want to bother with language tags in the URIs.

I only have a few hours a week to work on this project, so progress is very slow. If I'm happy about the way I'm doing it, I will tell you about.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
BackendPro used to be so if there was no language value stored in the cache, it would detect the browsers language and use that. If the user over-rode it, either by a selection dropdown or through a preference change then that would be saved to the cache and that used.

[eluser]timtom[/eluser]
It's a pity since that's exactly what I want :-)

Why did you remove this behaviour, if I may ask?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I can't remember it was a year ago, my god that reminds me BackendPro is coming up to its 1st Birthday Big Grin (22nd of june, the alpha releases don't count I don't think.). I will have a look on my PC when I get home see if the class and code is on the for the language stuff.

BackendPro 0.6.1 - El Forum - 06-06-2009

[eluser]timtom[/eluser]
Sorry, I still have some newbie issues. I'm slowly coming to terms with the module architecture added by Matchbox. But where do you load the modules' controllers?

I want to separate my code from yours as much as possible and created a new subdirectory in 'modules':

Code:
app_root
  -modules
    -my_app
      -controllers
        -admin
          -my_controller
      -views
        -admin
          -my_view

How can I load the "my_app" module so that I can call the my_controller by typing my_app/admin/my_controller ?

Thanks for your help.

BackendPro 0.6.1 - El Forum - 06-06-2009

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Just call the admin/my_controller. Controllers will be found, while libraries/models must be loaded with the module_library/module_model code.

BackendPro 0.6.1 - El Forum - 06-07-2009

[eluser]DanKey[/eluser]
library "Page"

Line 35:
var $breadcrumb = array(); // Breadcrumb trail

is not used in class. instead of this, used $breadcrumb_trail

I'm do this:

Code:
if (count($this->page->breadcrumb_trail) > 1) {
    // Then show breadcrumps
}

BackendPro 0.6.1 - El Forum - 06-13-2009

[eluser]timtom[/eluser]
Still struggling with language setting issues. Now everything works perfectly except that the user has to refresh the page to see the new language in action. I guess I have to reload the language after setting it, but I didn't find how to do it. Here's the controller that sets the language setting:

Code:
function index()
    {
        // If the form was submitted, there's gonna be stuff in $_POST
        // maybe we need to make this a little bit more secure...

// Language change
        if(array_key_exists('lang',$_POST))
        {
            // Fetch the new language setting
            $update_data = array('lang' => $_POST['lang']);

// Put the new language setting in the session parameters
            $this->session->set_userdata($update_data);

// ... and store it in the database
            $this->db->where('user_id',$this->session->userdata('id'));
            $this->db->update($this->config->item('backendpro_table_prefix').'user_profiles', $update_data);
            flashMsg('success',$this->lang->line('meetomatic_preferences_saved'));

// Too bad the new language will not be applied until the user reloads.
            // The lines below seem to have no effect. I'm probably missing something...
            $this->config->set_item('language', $_POST['lang']);
            $this->lang->load('backendpro');
            $this->lang->load('meetomatic');

}

Can you help me out with this? Thanks tremendously!

BackendPro 0.6.1 - El Forum - 06-15-2009

[eluser]Mitchell McKenna[/eluser]
50% of the time I go to login to BackendPro I get the login box duplicated on the same page. Since when I type in one box that text shows up in the identical box below, and when I look in source there's only 1 form, I'm guessing it's a javascript issue. I'm using Firefox 3.0.11 (Chrome and IE don't have the problem)

Running BackendPro 5.1, CI 1.7
I've attached a screenshot.

Ps. Love what I've seen of BackendPro so far.