CodeIgniter Forums
Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Using CodeIgniter (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Help (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg (/showthread.php?tid=74642)

Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - gomesh - 10-18-2019

I have a project made using CodeIgniter v 3.1.10. In the Config.php i have the default setting:

Code:
$config['permitted_uri_chars'] = 'a-z 0-9~%.:_\-';
Now, when I manually modify the url for e.g. as xyz.com/cat/'. Please note the apostrophe at the end of the URL, then I'm expecting the default error message like -

Code:
An Error Was Encountered
The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.
But instead of the above error message I'm getting an uncaught exception error message
[Image: YLoPu.jpg]
Can anyone please tell me what and where I need to change/Check. Thanks

RE: Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - jreklund - 10-19-2019

Have you tried a clean version of CI? I just tried it will 3.1.10 and 3.1.11, and it worked as expected.

Tried it with the default controller.
/welcome/'

If it works with the default controller, you have an error in your cat controller.

RE: Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - InsiteFX - 10-19-2019

Make sure that your controller class name and filename both have the first character uppercase also.

RE: Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - gomesh - 10-19-2019

(10-19-2019, 02:50 AM)jreklund Wrote: Have you tried a clean version of CI? I just tried it will 3.1.10 and 3.1.11, and it worked as expected.

Tried it with the default controller.
/welcome/'

If it works with the default controller, you have an error in your cat controller.
Thanks for the reply.No, I haven't tried with a clean version of CI, because the current website is quite a big one and replicating each and every functionality in the new one would be quite a task. As a last resort, i may try this one.

RE: Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - gomesh - 10-19-2019

(10-19-2019, 11:17 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Make sure that your controller class name and filename both have the first character uppercase also.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, i have checked and both the class name as well as the filename start with uppercase.

RE: Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - John_Betong - 10-20-2019

Quote:@gomesh
Thanks for the reply.No, I haven't tried with a clean version of CI, because the current website is quite a big one and replicating each and every functionality in the new one would be quite a task. As a last resort, i may try this one.

I upload the complete CodeIgniter folder from my localhost to Online and have a ci4-app-test.php which calls the original CodeIgniter4/app.

File: ci4-app-test.php
require '/var/www/CodeIgniter4/public/index.php';

BEWARE:
The writable folder must be writable which it is not by default.

RE: Default permitted_uri_chars msg not showing up, instead showing exception error msg - jreklund - 10-20-2019

(10-19-2019, 11:55 PM)gomesh Wrote: Thanks for the reply.No, I haven't tried with a clean version of CI, because the current website is quite a big one and replicating each and every functionality in the new one would be quite a task. As a last resort, i may try this one.

You don't need to redo all your functionality. It's just a test to see if it's a server configuration or PHP version related. If that one works it's not the CI version itself but a combination of your code and CI.