CodeIgniter Forums
using grocery crud? - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Using CodeIgniter (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Help (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: using grocery crud? (/showthread.php?tid=87065)

using grocery crud? - richb201 - 03-10-2023

I have been using grocery crud for a few years. I am actually starting to "button up" my app. Are they still actively supporting? If not, what crud is recommended with CI3? 

Also,
I am trying to use:  $szFourparttest =  $stateParameters->data['fourparttest']; in a grocery crud callback  before update. I can see that data['fourparttest] equals 3 in my debugger. Yet the line above always yields '0'. Why?

RE: using grocery crud? - captain-sensible - 03-11-2023

it would be interesting to know what other people thoughts are but even Ci4 is moving on ; and with CI4 i've seen comments like "upgrade from to CI4.x.xxx because CI4y.y.y has vulnerabilities" .

I have no clue as to the status of CI3 , because i don't use it; but if I was, I would definitely be thinking "must try and shift from CI3 to CI4 "

I've done a basic blog CMS and create, update, read or delete in CI4 must be simple if I can understand it; comes with a few benefits like you declare allowed fields in model

RE: using grocery crud? - richb201 - 03-11-2023

Thanks for your comment. I have thought about that. I have limited time these days. I was planning on upgrading to CI4 and grocerycrud 3. Why? Because there seems to be no support unless I do.

I just recently licensed gc 3 beta and hired an upwork guy I know to install it. It doesn't work so I asked him to roll back to the prior snapshot.

I have a basic php problem. This section of the ci forum used to easily answer those questions. I have about 8 months till I can legally release my package, due to my employer.

I am not saying ci4 is not worth switching to. At this late stage I just don't have the time to reinvent the wheel. The reason I switched to GC 3 was to be able to get support. That didn't seem to work. I am trying to program around GC 1 limitations.

RE: using grocery crud? - richb201 - 03-11-2023

I don't want to break it. Been there done that. My software is a tool for generating a certain US corporate tax credit. As new court cases are decided, I have been modifying my code to make sure it answers those court rulings. This software is the first of it kind. And it will be freemium. Of course tax laws are complex and I have tried to remove the complexity.

I am busy trying to keep the application current with the tax law, instead of the version of codeigniter or GC. So my area of expertise is my little tiny part of the IRS code.

(03-11-2023, 08:10 AM)richb201 Wrote: I don't want to break it. Been there done that. My software is a tool for generating a certain US corporate tax credit in a very technical area.  As new court cases are decided, I have been modifying my code to make sure it answers those court rulings. This software is the first of it kind.  And it will be freemium. Of course tax laws are complex and I have tried to remove the complexity.

I am busy trying to keep the application current with the tax law, instead of the version of codeigniter or GC. So my area of expertise is my little tiny part of the IRS code.

RE: using grocery crud? - InsiteFX - 03-12-2023

Codeigniter 3 has Security issues!