Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter proper name spelling

When I did a search on the CI 3.0 User Guide, using the phrase "code generator" it found multiple instances of the phrase "Code Igniter", with space between the words.  Back in the days of Ellislabs, this was common occurrence on the forums, but to find it in the latest official User Guide is still mildly funny.

Not be too anal about it,  Undecided but could someone run a word search on the User Guide source and fix this?  The name is the registered trademark and it is one word, not two.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

(02-10-2015, 05:55 PM)twpmarketing Wrote: When I did a search on the CI 3.0 User Guide, using the phrase "code generator" it found multiple instances of the phrase "Code Igniter", with space between the words.  Back in the days of Ellislabs, this was common occurrence on the forums, but to find it in the latest official User Guide is still mildly funny.

Not be too anal about it,  Undecided but could someone run a word search on the User Guide source and fix this?  The name is the registered trademark and it is one word, not two.

I think you might be getting a false positive. When I searched for "code igniter", there were two hits, but both have been corrected some time ago, and do not appear when I visit the changelog directly. This is from searching the user guide locally as well as the online one.
When I went into the source code, I found a couple of references to changing "Code Igniter" to "CodeIgniter", but nothing like what you describe. Searching for "code generator" did indeed turn up more hits, but the name was fine when the pages in question were visited outside of search.

Code:
narf@vaio ~/github/CodeIgniter/user_guide_src $ grep -ri 'code igniter' *
source/changelog.rst:-  Code Igniter references updated to CodeIgniter
narf@vaio ~/github/CodeIgniter/user_guide_src $

... it refers to fixing the very same annoyance that you're talking about. Smile

Curiouser and Curiouser
@ciadmin, I think you're correct, it is an artifact of the search tool. It is highlighting the word "code" and placing a space on either side, which appears to break CodeIgiter into two words.
I find the following in the Online User Guide:
In the Change Log:

(version 1.60)
"Fixed a typo in the docblock comments that had Code Igniter spelled CodeIgnitor"

curiously, it did NOT highlight the word "code" in the second usage, the one spelled with an "o" instead of an "e". The space you see in the first usage is the artifact of the search tool.

Sabotaged by our own tools, watch your back online<g>.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x&nbsp; Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB