Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Auth and DB Session

[eluser]lenwood[/eluser]
Hi All,
I plan to use Redux auth for my app. The installation instructions mention that using a database session library will increase security. I'm using CI 1.6.3, so would I use DB2 Session for this?

Thanks,
Chris

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
That's a great choice...and recommended by many.

[eluser]darkhouse[/eluser]
I used NG Session as it's almost identical to what comes with CI, only instead it only stores the session ID in the cookie and all session data in the database. It still fully supports flash data and everything else CI's session class supports. I tried a few different ones after my site was well into development and found this was the only one that worked 100% as a drop in replacement.

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Db2 ang NG are two decent one realy, i mean, depend of your ned, but redux and db2 will be a good choice.

good luck !

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
Is it really good to replace the session class with this one. What about when there is a update to CI, would you overwrite the new CI for this one? Shouldn't we be extending and improving the core session class?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
The next version of CI will update the session library to store user-data in the database. I would use a 3rd party session library until the new version is released.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB