Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI3 Composer

I am new to composer and was wondering if composer is supported in CI3.  I see the composer.json file in the download.  I don't see any documentation on it in the user guide.  Just wondering if we can use it or do we have to setup composer in CI3.

Thanks

You'll still need to setup composer on your system, but all it takes is modifying one config setting for the Composer Autoload to kick in. Check out the bottom of the Auto-loading Resources section of the docs.

Oh I see.  Thanks.  After setting this I can run the composer command lines to install new packages?

Thanks

As long as Composer is installed in your system, then yeah. That setting just ensures that the Composer's autoloader is loaded so that you can use the packages within your application. CodeIgniter does not ship with a Composer binary so you still need to install that separately.

When you say "On My System" you are referring to the operating system "Mac, Linux, Windows". Correct!

(02-18-2015, 05:13 AM)rfulcher Wrote: When you say "On My System" you are referring to the operating system "Mac, Linux, Windows". Correct!

Yes

Awesome thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB