Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sample Model/View/ Controler for inserting data?

[eluser]slaction[/eluser]
I'm working on inserting some data into a database but I'm having trouble putting my model/view/controller together since I'm new to CI and OOP in general.

I can create the HTML form and send it back to a controller but I'm sort of lost from there.

I did watch the video tutorial for making a blog, but my form data doesn't match my database fields like it did in the tutorial so I can't use the same code.

I've looked at a few open source CI apps, but they seem to be doing so much that its hard to pick out the code I need.

Any help would be great. I'm just looking for a good starting point.

[eluser]Sumon[/eluser]
If you are new in php then, first you have to learn PHP. There are many tutorials/site where from you can have basic understanding of PHP language. in my point of view, try to build a registration system from scratch with using php (not CI right now). very simple one. registration system might have first name, last name, email and address field. This will make you confident of PHP application development.

Doesn't mean stop learning CI. about CI: Welcome to Code Igniter. Starting point of CI is User Guide (it's really awesome) and video tutorial. Moreover, you might not understand everything at first look in user guide. But try to gather as much as possible. Specially try to keep in mind what are the things are there, so that when you need something you can remember yes it's in CI or not. Read the user guide again and again.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB