Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help: multi-user blog?

[eluser]iDenta[/eluser]
Hi all!

I'm a total newbie, that started playing around with CodeIgniter by building the 20 min blog, with no former php knowledge except a little Wordpress modifying. After reading the docs and forum i have managed to add categories, timestamp, delete and edit posts, comment count and so on.

Now i want to try to make it possible to manage multiple blogs, so that a user can sign up, and a "new" blog is created under user.domain.com or domain.com/user, and keeping everything in one DB and one CI install, like Wordpress MU or Movable Type.

But i really don't know were to start, so i would really appreciate any pointers, links, forum posts or anything that can help me accomplish this kind of thing.

Thanks!

[eluser]acoda[/eluser]
Hi iDenta

Not sure if this is 100% what your looking for but if your looking to build this type of application with little or no php knowledge I'd jusmp over to Codigniter Directory and have a look at the blogging systems people have already constructed with Codigniter as a starting point.

I'd also recommend giving yourself a crash course on the basics of php over at w3schools.

Hope this helps.

[eluser]Computerzworld[/eluser]
You can start with Inktype blogging system which is made in CI.

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
yea mine is in beta stage ..

[eluser]iDenta[/eluser]
Thank you all for your replys!

Maybe my explanation of what i wanted was a little hard to understand (english isn't my first language) Smile

I was basicly looking for any information (or code snippets Wink ) that could take me in the right direction to adding multi-site support, like how i should set up my database and tables, how to get every usersite(blog) in a subfolder/subdomain and so on...

But i will take a look at the Codigniter Directory, and see if i can find an application that has the functionality that i'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB