Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MeNeedz Auth

[eluser]davidbehler[/eluser]
Well, I do what I can to satisfy my customers Wink

[eluser]meteor[/eluser]
he he ... you have done a lot releasing your code ... Wink

[eluser]Muser[/eluser]
[quote author="splufdaddy" date="1228623004"]I think I found a bug with the change_password function.

When you're generating the new password, your escaping the salt and the new password individually inside the md5. That was causing the password_hash to be in effect:
Code:
md5("'SALT'"."'newpassword'")

I changed line 763 to this, and the change password function generates the correct password:
Code:
$password_hash = $encryption_method(str_replace("%password%", $new_password, str_replace("%salt%",$salt, str_replace(".", "", $this->encryption_order))));

Let me know if you can replicate this. Before I changed that code, I couldn't log in after changing my password.[/quote]

Me too, I couldn't log when I've changed password. Changing the line you said now works OK!

Thank you

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
What value should be going into the remember me checkbox field?

Also does anyone have an example registration form ?

The value of the remember me checkbox field should not matter, I think I only check if it's set or not.

I will add an example of a registration form to the user guide tomorrow.

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
thanks I'll give that a try

I have updated the user guide and among other things added an example on how to register a user.

@Muser and all the others that had problems with the password change:
I fixed that after the first reported but I guess I forgot to say so in this thread. My bad.

Merry Xmas Smile

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
thanks for your help, Merry Christmas

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
I followed the updated guide for creating a registration form which works and I can now register, login and log out.

I have tried to follow the code but I still have 2 problems I hoped you could help with please.

1. I set up 2 user levels in the database and my config setting to say I was using db settings. However when I register a new user no default user setting is set, where can I set this ?

2. On the registration form example there is a hidden field for user id, why is there default value set when the user id is created upon registration ?

Thanks for you help.

The hidden field is needed in case your primary key in the user table is not set to auto increment, then the new users primary key will be set with the value of the hidden field.

Try settings
Code:
$config['user_standard_group'] = "primary_key_of_the_group_you_want_as_default"
. That should give your new user the default group.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB