Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is the best IDE for development with CI

PHP storm is pretty amazing
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Try Visual Studio Code.
You can use Souce Control, Debugger and more in VS Code. And you can install extensions to enhance the work with PHP, CodeIgniter, PHPUnit, etc.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 06:58 PM by natanfelles. Edit Reason: . )

PhpStorm is the best IDE for PHP. But is not free.

If you want a free editor/IDE for full stack projects, I consider Atom the best.

For quick codes, Sublime Text. Because it loads faster than Atom and is lighter.

In the terminal, VIm.

PHPStorm for me but MS Code is really shaping up as a superb text/development editor. Wink

--Wolf--

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 09:49 AM by dave friend.)

Add me to the Netbeans camp. Besides being free, combining it with the Netbeans Connector extension for Chrome makes for an outstanding development environment.

Early versions of Netbeans were buggy and prone to crashing. Since v8.+ it has been rock solid in my experience.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 09:22 AM by ciadvantage.)

My personal choice is eclipse IDE and I found you can almost have all plugins you need for php projects.
For DB access you can have Toad Extension and likewise you can find plugin for svn/git so on. I work
on remote project so the ssh access also help on terminal plugin!. It's not all inclusive but in fact
I am happy with it and it is FREE

Regards

By the way I also am used to Netbeans but somehow I got freezed on my system often so I switch to Eclipse

PHP Storm is the best PHP IDE as per my own experience. You can choose PHP editor as per your requirements.
AmarInfotech is a PHP Development Company that offers a variety of frameworks like Zend, CakePHP, CodeIgniter to the global clients.

PHP Storm and it isn't very close.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

PhpStorm

PhpStorm - FEATURES
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB