Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ci_exceptions

[eluser]Andreas Vandenbussche[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm setting up a CI site, it's my first one I ever did using a framework and I have to say, it's waaaaay more fun than creating everything yourself.
My problem is: I made a site and put it on my (php5) server and everything worked, today I was moving it to the server where it should be (php4..) but I got an error..
Of course I first googled it but nothing seems to help..
I put everything back to how it was in the beginning, so I hope you can help me?
The biggest problem is that I didn't design this site on my own, someone else started it but due to stuff he hasn't got the time anymore so I took it from him..

the error I'm getting is
Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ci_exceptions in /home/beachsho/public_html/nieuw/system/libraries/Exceptions.php on line 27

The site is at this location at the moment..

Thanks in advance for the help and thanks for the magnificent framework

(I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong area but it's my first post here...)

Greets from Brave Little Belgium

Nobody? Sad

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I had this same problem and it was hard to pin down exactly. I ended up reinstalling CI and that did the trick. Not sure if I had corrupted a file along the way or what.

[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1228022765"]I had this same problem and it was hard to pin down exactly. I ended up reinstalling CI and that did the trick. Not sure if I had corrupted a file along the way or what.[/quote]
the strange thing is that it's perfectly working on my own server...

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
On the server which is failing, it is PHP 4, correct? Try echoing something from Base5.php. If it appears, then somehow the PHP version is being misreported. If that's not the case, then you can debug line by line and find out why the file/class aren't being loaded. Or you can try with a fresh copy of CI. Won't help to just sit there and be mystified by it, though.

[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1228023060"]On the server which is failing, it is PHP 4, correct? Try echoing something from Base5.php. If it appears, then somehow the PHP version is being misreported. If that's not the case, then you can debug line by line and find out why the file/class aren't being loaded. Or you can try with a fresh copy of CI. Won't help to just sit there and be mystified by it, though.[/quote]
its a PHP4 server indeed, I'm going to try what you told mee, and we'll see what it does!

I'll keep this tread up to date

thanks for the help!

There was an error in the autoload.php file I guess, I started one from a new CI download and added the librarys one by one and it works now..
in fact it doesn't really work, I'm still getting some errors but I guess I'll figure it out.
If you have any ideas how I can get rid of this error:
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/MY_Controller.php

Line Number: 40

Thanks in advance!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB