Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Database class not escaping reserved words in action queries

[eluser]mattalexx[/eluser]
The database class isn't escaping reserved words in insert or update statements.

To recreate, run this SQL in MySQL:
Code:
CREATE TABLE test (
`key` CHAR(3)
);
Then run this from a controller:
Code:
$this->db->insert('test', array('key' => 'foo'));
You should get this error:
Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'key) VALUES ('foo')' at line 1

INSERT INTO test (key) VALUES ('foo')
It's the same with UPDATE:
Code:
$this->db->insert('test', array('key' => 'foo'));
Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'key = 'foo'' at line 1

UPDATE test SET key = 'foo'

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
That is strange because the $_reserved_identifiers array in the DB_driver only contains the value * and mysql_driver doesn't contain additional reserved_identifiers.

I tested it and i was able to insert and update. Do you have an $escape boolean that is global? that is the only way i can think of how this bug could occur.

[eluser]mattalexx[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1228754614"]That is strange because the $_reserved_identifiers array in the DB_driver only contains the value * and mysql_driver doesn't contain additional reserved_identifiers.

I tested it and i was able to insert and update. Do you have an $escape boolean that is global? that is the only way i can think of how this bug could occur.[/quote]

As it turns out, this post never belonged under "Bug Reports". In a query that happens earlier in the script, I was calling CI_DB_active_record:Confusedelect() with the second parameter ($escape) set to true. This sets CI_DB_driver::_protect_identifiers to true, which was screwing up all later queries. To fix, I changed this:
Code:
$values = array();
$values['key'] = $this->key;
$this->db->insert('table', $values);
... to this:
Code:
$values = array();
$values['key'] = $this->key;
$this->db->_protect_identifiers = TRUE;
$this->db->insert('table', $values);
Not the nicest solution, I will admit, but I'm onto the next thing.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB