Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3 RC3

If I started building an application based on RC2 and I now want to upgrade to RC3, what do I have to do? Is replacing the System folder enough? Anything else I should be careful about?

Thanks!

(03-16-2015, 11:58 AM)rannt Wrote: If I started building an application based on RC2 and I now want to upgrade to RC3, what do I have to do? Is replacing the System folder enough? Anything else I should be careful about?

Thanks!

All the information you need is in the upgrade documentation

(03-16-2015, 11:58 AM)rannt Wrote: If I started building an application based on RC2 and I now want to upgrade to RC3, what do I have to do? Is replacing the System folder enough? Anything else I should be careful about?

Thanks!

Going from RC2 to RC3 should be pretty much as simple as replacing the system folder, but you may want to check narf's earlier reply in this thread, for the details of what was fixed in RC3, in case it affects anything you are using.

(03-11-2015, 10:42 PM)rejoan Wrote: Hi, Please provide a full list of changes. Specially for CI RC2 to RC3. Is there any changes in config directory or only system dir?

Thanks!

Upgrade RC2 to RC3 :
- Replace "index.php"
- Replace "config/config.php"
- Replace "config/database.php"
- Replace "system" directory
- Done

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015, 02:59 AM by Narf.)

(03-16-2015, 05:40 PM)murzid Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 10:42 PM)rejoan Wrote: Hi, Please provide a full list of changes. Specially for CI RC2 to RC3. Is there any changes in config directory or only system dir?

Thanks!

Upgrade RC2 to RC3 :
- Replace "index.php"
- Replace "config/config.php"
- Replace "config/database.php"
- Replace "system" directory
- Done

system/ is the only thing you need to replace.

index.php has no changes.
config/database.php only has 'autoinit' removed, but unused parameters have always been ignored, so it doesn't really matter if you have it.
config/config.php only has some more descriptive comments

Update: I forgot we changed the default uri_routing method back to REQUEST_URI in config/config.php, so yes - it's preferrable that you also update that file.

(03-17-2015, 02:57 AM)Narf Wrote: system/ is the only thing you need to replace.

config/database.php only has 'autoinit' removed, but unused parameters have always been ignored, so it doesn't really matter if you have it.

Update: I forgot we changed the default uri_routing method back to REQUEST_URI in config/config.php, so yes - it's preferrable that you also update that file.

"index.php" need replace (just minor changes)

Codeigniter 3 RC2 :
// Path to the front controller (this file)
define('FCPATH', str_replace(SELF, '', __FILE__));

Codeigniter 3 RC3 :
define('FCPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');

Big Grin Xixixixi

(03-17-2015, 04:19 AM)murzid Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 02:57 AM)Narf Wrote: system/ is the only thing you need to replace.

"index.php" need replace (just minor changes)

Codeigniter 3 RC2 :
define('FCPATH', str_replace(SELF, '', __FILE__));

Codeigniter 3 RC3 :
define('FCPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');

Big Grin Xixixixi

That's as important as what you'll eat today. Smile

Extract the archive, copy system, index.php, and the application/config folder over your existing project. GIT/SVN -> compare with HEAD on marked files in your config folder. If you've moved the application folder out of your public directory also compare index.php.

Hi
Thank for CodeIgniter 3 RC3 release.
Problem : Calling Oracle store procedure from CI is not working :
I am using the CI RC3 with Oracle 11g R2 database. But when I tried to access any PL/SQL store procedure & tired to bind variable by name , it is not working , shows error on oci8 driver.

I didn't find any reference user guide to access the oracle store procedure from CodeIgniter.
1. Do you have any reference guide for the oracle driver written in CodeIgniter ?
2. How can I bind variable oci_bind_by_name & call the store procedure of Oracle ?

Thanks
-Shafiq
Every Problem Must have a Solution Big Grin

so glad to hear that! we were waiting for this release.

Please also add curd example with documentation like other frameworks.
Please also provide an option to download documentation as PDF file

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB