Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Open Blog 1.0.0 released

[eluser]NateL[/eluser]
thanks for the reply Kami, I appreciate it.

Did you use the Modular Extentions - HMVC, MatchBox, or something else?

any particular reason for your choice? I've been reading over a few of the modular options and it makes total sense to me, I'm just narrowing pros and cons for each Smile

Thanks again!

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
No problem, hope you found it helpful Smile

At first I used my own module library, but after some time I found MatchBox which was far better then my library so I decided to switch to it.

To be honest I never really tried Modular Extensions - HMVC so I can't comment it (I have read the documentation and that's all).

[eluser]NateL[/eluser]
Is Open Blog released on an earlier version of CodeIgniter? (less than 1.7)

in the thread regarding Matchbox, there are apparently some compatibility bugs with the latest version of CI.

The Matchbox author is aware of the issue, I just think he's busy with other things to be able to address them, which I understand.

Thanks again for the insight Kami. Very helpful, Very grateful Smile

edit: there appears to be a solution. Thanks adijux

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
From my older post:

[quote author="Kami_" date="1232050922"]Yep, it's based on CodeIgniter 1.7.0 (I upgraded from CodeIgniter 1.6.3 before releasing it), but it's using the old validation library.

I didn't migrate to the new form validation library yet, because this would just cause bigger delay for the first release.

New form validation library (among other new features and fixes) will be used in the next release (1.1.0).[/quote]

In other private projects, I'm also using Matchbox and the new form_validation library with modified Loader.php (the fix you posted above should work fine as well).

[eluser]Sebish[/eluser]
Kami_ like many others here I am using OpenBlog 1.0.0 to help me learn about CI, and I love it.

During my time playing and developing with OpenBlog and CI, I have made several of my own Admin Tools that all work fine inside the administration area (as expected). As you know you just have to add a controller, language file and model, then create a link and it works a treat.

I am however having a small issue; the issue I cannot seem to get my head around is functionality with the front end.

You create pages and navigation and this helps build your website which works great, but what if you want a page not just to have html content, but have functionality (I guess like the blog portion), I hit a brick wall.

So the problem I’m having is let’s say I want to make a contact form, I don’t just want to add text to the text editor and have that link into the template, I want it to be a “contact form.”

Do I need to make a new Controller, Language File, and Model inside the base modules folder?
For example:

Code:
applications > modules -> contact
                             -> controllers
                             -> language
                             -> models
(The problem I have encountered doing it this way, is it always seems to load my Admin template, not the Front End template.)

Or would it go inside a pre-existing section like pages or blog?
For example:

Code:
applications > modules -> pages
                             -> controllers
                                      -> index.html
                                      -> pages.php
                                      -> contact.php
                             -> language
                             -> models
                                      -> index.html
                                      -> pages_model.php
                                      -> contact_model.php
(The problem with doing it this way is I cannot get the controller to run correctly, because on ever page unlike the admin area which if you load “navigation/create” it links you to create a navigation. Where in the front end if you go to “pages/contact” it will always link to the pages/page controller.)

Or would I add it as a function of the pages controller:
For example:

Code:
function contact()
    {    
        $data = array (
            'page_title' => 'contact'
        );

echo "Hello World!";

$this->template['page']    = "contact/form";

$this->system->load($this->template['page'], null);
    }

I have tried about several different approaches, and I cannot get my head around this, I’m sorry to bother you but I have exhausted my ideas and you should have a better idea than I. Any help you can offer would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance, you have made an awesome open-source product!

[eluser]luffy[/eluser]
Is it possible to add one optional module which have some basic social functions like ‘add friends’, ‘members’, ‘send message’ into the application.

I think that will be great.

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
[quote author="Sebish" date="1234418691"]Kami_ like many others here I am using OpenBlog 1.0.0 to help me learn about CI, and I love it.

During my time playing and developing with OpenBlog and CI, I have made several of my own Admin Tools that all work fine inside the administration area (as expected). As you know you just have to add a controller, language file and model, then create a link and it works a treat.

I am however having a small issue; the issue I cannot seem to get my head around is functionality with the front end.

You create pages and navigation and this helps build your website which works great, but what if you want a page not just to have html content, but have functionality (I guess like the blog portion), I hit a brick wall.

So the problem I’m having is let’s say I want to make a contact form, I don’t just want to add text to the text editor and have that link into the template, I want it to be a “contact form.”

Do I need to make a new Controller, Language File, and Model inside the base modules folder?
For example:

Code:
applications > modules -> contact
                             -> controllers
                             -> language
                             -> models
(The problem I have encountered doing it this way, is it always seems to load my Admin template, not the Front End template.)

Or would it go inside a pre-existing section like pages or blog?
For example:

Code:
applications > modules -> pages
                             -> controllers
                                      -> index.html
                                      -> pages.php
                                      -> contact.php
                             -> language
                             -> models
                                      -> index.html
                                      -> pages_model.php
                                      -> contact_model.php
(The problem with doing it this way is I cannot get the controller to run correctly, because on ever page unlike the admin area which if you load “navigation/create” it links you to create a navigation. Where in the front end if you go to “pages/contact” it will always link to the pages/page controller.)

Or would I add it as a function of the pages controller:
For example:

Code:
function contact()
    {    
        $data = array (
            'page_title' => 'contact'
        );

echo "Hello World!";

$this->template['page']    = "contact/form";

$this->system->load($this->template['page'], null);
    }

I have tried about several different approaches, and I cannot get my head around this, I’m sorry to bother you but I have exhausted my ideas and you should have a better idea than I. Any help you can offer would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance, you have made an awesome open-source product![/quote]

Hello,

Both ways should work fine Smile

You are always sent to pages/page, because you didn't create any special route and the default rule is used.

By default, pages_routes.php looks like this:

Code:
$route['pages/(:any)'] = 'pages/page/$1';

If you want to add another routing rule to it, your pages_routes.php could look like this:

Code:
$route['pages/contact'] = 'pages/contact/index';

I hope this helps you Smile

[quote author="luffy" date="1234438419"]Is it possible to add one optional module which have some basic social functions like ‘add friends’, ‘members’, ‘send message’ into the application.

I think that will be great.[/quote]

Next release will include many new features, one of them will be social blogging (can't promise anything about social networking at the moment).

Release date for the new version is currently unfortunately unknown because I'm very busy at the work and in the college so I don't a lot of time to spend on Open Blog developing (don't worry though, Open Blog won't be abandoned).

[eluser]Mossab Alzeeny[/eluser]
Just ...... Awesome
i love it!

i hope you put something like a free-area where we can put anything we need in it, along with links and feeds .. etc

Thanks

[eluser]Sebish[/eluser]
Quote:You are always sent to pages/page, because you didn't create any special route and the default rule is used.

By default, pages_routes.php looks like this:

Code:

If you want to add another routing rule to it, your pages_routes.php could look like this:

Code:
$route['pages/contact'] = 'pages/contact/index';

I hope this helps you Smile

Thank you so much, this is just about the only thing I did not try.

I appreciate your speedy response as well, thank you again Wink

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
Quote:Spanish translation

Thanks to <a href="http://ivanargulo.wordpress.com/" target="_blank">Ivan Argulo</a>, Open Blog is now also available in the Spanish language.

You can test the translation by visiting the <a href="http://www.open-blog.info/demo/">demo</a>.

The Spanish language pack can be downloaded <a href="http://www.open-blog.info/languages/">here</a>.

The archive includes a file which needs to be imported in the database so the Spanish translation will be available for you to chose in the administrator panel.

This translation will also be included by default in the next release (Open Blog 1.1.0), but more about this in the upcoming news.

Regards,
Tomaž

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB