Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Look for Codeigniter equivalent of CakePhp Bake

Hi!

Bake is code (CRUD) generator in CakePhp Framework. It generates beautiful separated and readable code: model - controller - view!

I wonder if there is something equivalent in CodeIgniter? Developped by independant CI developers for example?
I dislike existing tool like GroceryCrud which gives a pattern design code inside CodeIgniter: I want a clean HTML view and not encapsulated methods in models.

I've seen a couple around over the years, but the newest one that I've seen is Combustor. To be fair, I haven't tried it yet and don't know by the docs whether it does it like you're looking for or not, but it's worth a look.

And, to pimp my own stuff, I have one built into SprintPHP (based on CI 3) that I think does exactly what you're looking for. Only drawback (if you don't want to use Sprint as a whole) is that it's pretty built into the system and cannot be easily pulled out of it. Documentation for Sprint Forge can be found in the GitHub repo.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015, 06:45 AM by miondanaci.)

Thanks kilishan for these links!

I will test your SprintPHP. Does it generate MVC for list, create, update, delete table data?

I don't like Combustor!
I don't search a scaffolding solution.

Need a generator which generates separated files for model (database access), controller and views (at least 2 files = list view and form view)!

I discover a paid tool: Ginga Crud CodeIgniter Code Generator in CodeCanyon but I don't know if it does like I am looking for.

I really think to create my own but it is not easy.

I haven't yet tested Combustor but just read guidelines.
Now, I install it and test it: I have a problem with create:model and create:controller commands which don't exist!!!

Code:
The layout directory already exists!!

Code:
Command create:controller is not defined

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB