Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Large File Upload Frustrations..

[eluser]dobbler[/eluser]
Hi,

I really need to find a large file upload solution that works for an application I'm working on. It's for file sizes from about 10Mb to 40Mb and preferably with a progress bar.

I've tried SWFUpload, Flash File Uploader & CI's Uploader class but have problems with all of them. Flash File Uploader probably works the best, while it actually uploads the file, it hangs at 100% and doesn't fire the upload_complete() function.

Has anyone found a solution that actually works and is easy to implement in CI?? I hear Perl is good for large uploads, anyone know of a good script and/or tutorial on getting it going in CI??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I'm not sure if it's possible to do file sizes that big. You should check the max file size for uploaded files on your server.

[eluser]simshaun[/eluser]
What is your php.ini set to for the following:

upload_max_size
post_max_size
max_execution_time
memory_limit

Would the memory limit make any difference? I thought files would be written straight to the hard drive.

[eluser]simshaun[/eluser]
According to the docs, yes.
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/features.fi...tfalls.php

AFAIK though, the file is just written straight to the hard drive, so I'm not sure what the memory limit has to do with it. I have faith in the docs though, and assume they know more than me. Smile

Now if you were resizing the upload (if an image), then I can say for sure the memory_limit is a factor.

Ya learn something new ever day.

I agree. Can't argue with "The Docs". Smile

[eluser]dobbler[/eluser]
Thanks guys,

Here are my settings:

upload_max_size: 50M
post_max_size: 50M
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 180
memory_limit: 32M

What are the upper limits of max_execution_time and max_input_time? What are the disadvantages, if any, of having a higher number, say in the 1000s?

Is the upload lasting longer than 2 minutes? I'd imagine it would be, so that's probably at least part of your problem.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB